We have had the most beautiful sunny weather here in San Francisco, so of course on our day off it is foggy. Well we weren't about to let a little fog put a damper on our day so we decided to head south to find warmer weather and some sunshine. We ended up in Santa Cruz.
We checked out the beach, played some games (Chris won a couple stuffed animal toys in the process), rode rides, ate greasy beach food, shopped in the shops, and watched the Cirque Magnifique show.


I loved this silly balancing clowns colorful spandex attire.



After we felt we had experienced enough of the broadwalk, we drove around the cute beach town of Santa Cruz. They have a neat downtown strip with shops and restaurants. We ate at a great little Indian restaurant. Chris was pretty skeptical about it but I really liked it, and he didn't think it was quite as bad as he thought it would be. :) Then we looked around in the shops. To finish the night off we went my new favorite ice cream shop SWIRL. It is delicious! They have several different types of soft serve yogurt and then pretty much any topping you could ever want. All of which you just serve yourself. You can have as much or little as you like. Then you pay by the ounce, when I went up to pay I was thinking this is a lot of ice cream so it will probably be around $6, to my utter amazement it was only $2. Yay!!
2 comments:
Hi, you guys don't know me but I was good friends with your husband's sister, Cami in College. I came across your last name on a friends blog and was hoping I could get in touch with Cami. If you could give her my email address I would appreciate it. It's kimberly_noel@hotmail.com, I noticed her blog was set to private. Thank you and sorry this is a random comment! :)
Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! All of your pics are making me very beach hungry... no fair!
Post a Comment