I have been a bit of an impluse buyer lately. With all the after christmas sales I have developed a poor habit of buying stuff I don't really need and had no intention of buying until on saw it on sale.
My most recent has become quite the ordeal.
The other day Chris and I were at work when these two guys pulled up in a big white van. They came into the store and asked if we were interested in buying some plants. They said they had come striaght from the nursery and were trying to get rid of them so they would give me a really good DEAL!
This is a little scetchy sounding I realize, I mean two guys selling plants out of a van. I'm not talking about couple of plants either this van was chuck full of plants. But in there defense they were quite knowledgeable about these plants: names, how to care for them, watering, lighting ect.
I didn't really think anything of the matter though I mean this is Key West there are people selling all sorts of stuff on the streets here.
So I bought FOUR.
Why I bought four... I am not really sure.
Thinking back on the whole situation I really should have only bought two.
I also realize that these plants may have been stollen given the scetchy situation.
So I have these plants. Now I needed pots. I have never had a plant before in my life and dont know anything about potting and caring for plants. I went to several stores trying to find pots... but all the pots had holes in them so the water can drain out. So then I needed to find something for the water to drain into. Problem was lots of the pretty pots don't come with a matching drainage.
After feeling frustrated, hopeless, and way over my head with these plants. I wished that I could return them and be done with it. But couldn't because I had bought them out of a van. I called my mom and a few friends who educated me on pots, plants, and drainage containers. I went back to Home Depo and this time since I knew what I needed I asked for help. This really nice lady showed me the size of pot I would probably need, some potting soil, and these really cheap plastic drainage containers you use for when your pot doesn't have one to match.
Wow that is probably the longest most boring post on plants you have ever read. But since this is my blog and I am writing in it to record and remember my own acts of idiocy. You will have to endure.
Here are my plants in their pots. After all that hard work, they turned out beautiful and I am really glad I bought them.
Amist all this pot searching I also found some cute frames, and hung up some pictures to help decorate our two bedroom condo.
These pictures I bought in Hawaii, drawn by Amani an artist I became friends with there. She is very talented!
These are pictures of the city that I bought in San Francisco.
With the new plants and pictures actually in frames I am feeling like quite the little homemaker. Our condo is really starting to feel like home.
No comments:
Post a Comment