April 14th, The Melting Pot was celebrating National Cheese Fondue Day. In celebration of this event they offered everyone a free cheese fondue appetizer for two. I heard about this and thought it would be a great idea for our weekly date night.
There isn't a Melting Pot in Key West, so we drove up to Miami for the day. It was nice to get off the island for a little bit.
On the drive up the keys we stopped at Robbie's in Islandmorada to feed the Tarpon. I heard about this forever ago and I have always wanted to do it, but we hadn't yet for one reason or another. Robbie's is a restaurant at the marina in Islandmorada. There are all these tarpon that hangout right off the dock. We bought a little bucket of fish for a couple of bucks, then held the fish off the end of the dock one at a time. These huge Tarpon jump out of the water and grab the fish right out of your hand.
This was actually really cool. At first I kept dropping the fish every time they would jump up at me. I know they don't have teeth and if there mouth hit my hand it wouldn't hurt, but the idea of it freaked me out.
Here are a couple videos of our experience.
When we arrived in Miami we went to my favorite shopping mall. I must say I have been really good and had NOT bought any new clothes for officially 2 months. That is a long time for me. I had to break my no purchase streak though, I found a few items I just couldn't resist.
Then we went to our reservation at...
It was so good!! We shared the cheese fondue, and got a couple entrees. I wish we would have had room for dessert because that is what I wanted the most, but we were both so extremely full there was no way I could have eaten another bite. All those rich cheeses and sauces fill you up to quick. I had to make Chris promise to bring me back soon and next time we will only order dessert.
We grabbed a red box to watch on the drive home. We watched Hereafter with Matt Damon. Wow, this movie was right on the verge of horrible. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was horrible, but it was not good at all.
But it did help to pass the time and we got home safe and sound. We both had a really fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment