I checked into the hospital last night to begin the induction process. We got here about 8pm met our midwife and unpacked a few things. Then we started with the usual pee in a cup, take my blood pressure, and temperature. All is well. The midwife checked my cervix, still no dilation. She inserted the 1st dose of prostaglandin gel. That was a fun time. After that I was on the fetal monitor for a while. Baby girl was extremely active moving all around. We had to wait extra long for her to calm down and for her heart rate to go down. That is when the back pain began. Low center back pain. Not the best time in my life. Finally baby girls heart rate leveled out and they took me off the fetal monitor. By that point it was past 11pm and time for my parents and husband to go home. The hospital here has a no guest sleep over rule. Not even the husbands are allowed to stay. I think that is pretty messed up. So what does one do when they are all alone at the hospital at 3am in the morning and can't sleep? Blog.
My parents got into town yesterday afternoon. I am so glad they are here. They also brought with them our precious little pup Zuri! So happy to be reunited with her again. I am not sure how many of you realized this but my parents have been taking care of Zuri for us since we moved here in July. Grand Cayman has very strict immigration policies regarding importing pets, so we had to wait several months for all the necessary tests and paperwork to be approved. It worked out well that they were able to bring her with them since they were planning on coming down to meet baby girl.
Originally I was hoping baby girl would have decided to to be born before they arrived. But I think she knew mom was going to need grandma here for support so she has made us all wait. I am really glad that both my parents are able to be here for her birth. She is going to be their 1st grand baby so it is a pretty big deal.
Pray for us! Hopefully this will be my last post before the birth of baby girl. Next post you should all get to meet her. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment