Monday, September 21, 2009

Some good and some not so good


Hmmm, where to begin... last week was eventful in a not expected sort of way.   My friend Kiera (she is currently working for us) found out about a free day for the Acadamy of Science Museum.  It was free for locals with our zip code the 16, 17 , 18.  We were pretty excited about this, we got up early, and rode the bus down to the Golden Gate Park.  When we arrived at the Museum we went up to the admission both and presented our ID and proof of address. The lady looked puzzled, she informed us it was not free, and that admission was $25.  We argued that we read on the website that the 16, 17, 18 were free to locals with our zipcode.  She then told us that it was for the 16, 17, 18 of October and it was currently still September.  Hahaha!  We felt pretty stupid.   Needless to say we already marked the calender to come back next month.    

We still had a fun day walking around the park, we went to the Japenese Tea Gardens, the Flower Conservatory, and stow lake.  I absolutely love the Golden Gate Park.  It is gigantic and there is so much to do and see.  It is simply beautiful and tranquil. 




Friday night was just a night gone wrong.  In short, we went to see a dance concert in the getto of gettos. Chris didn't eat before so he was in a foul mood and we ended up leaving at intermission because he was going to die of hunger.  It took us an hour to get home on the bus and I had to sit by the crazziest old man, with a whomping four teeth, who would not stop talking the entire time.

Saturday was much more fun.  I had my first rehearsal for the workshop
I am doing with the Alonzo Kings Lines ballet.  It is so fun and I love the piece we are learning.  The workshop is six weeks with a mini performance at the end.  I will be sure to let you know how it goes when I am done.  It feels so great to be dancing again.  I can't believe how sore I am after every class.   Saturday night Kiera and I went to the Opera in the Ball Park.  Niether of us had ever been to an Opera, so we weren't sure what to expect, but we are both up for trying new things.  I found out I really enjoy Opera.   We had a really fun time sitting under the stars, eating garlic fries, and listening to the Opera.  I think we will try to arttend one in the actual opera house at least once while we are here. 

No comments: