Sunday, October 4, 2009

Busy Busy

Oooops!  So a lot has been going on lately but unfortunately I didn't take any pictures to document it.  So I apologize for the long words only post.   Chris's Dad Kurt was here a little over a week ago.  They had some great father and son time.  They went to the Chargers and Raiders game in Oakland.  Chris said Oakland fans are the craziest fans that he has ever been around.  They went golfing in which Chris proceeded to blow a four shot lead on the last hole to lose to his dad.  Kurt was the visitor so Chris couldn't send him home after losing at golf.  So he claims he let Kurt win.  It was a fun trip and they had some great weather. 


Last weekend my mother was here.  It was great to have some mother daughter time.  We walked around fisherman's warf, bought some nock off designer purses and sunglases, and went to the wax museum. Towards the end of the museum there was an electric chair.  I sat in it first, the chair started to vibrate and then to shake.  There is a mirror right in front of you, it turns black, then a ugly demon appears with red eyes, and then the chair shoots a gust of air down your back.  I screamed.  We both laughed.  Then my mom sat in the chair, she didn't want to at first because she thought the chair shocked you.  I coaxed her into it.  When the air shot out she screamed and all her long hair blew up and over her head.   It was so funny.  I am so mad I didn't get it on video.  It still makes me laugh as I am writing about it.   We went out to dinner, saw a couple movies and attended the Margret Jenkins Modern Dance Company concert while she was here.  I am so glad she was able to come out and spend some one on one time with me.  We had alot of fun.

This past week Chris and I were able to take a couple of days off together and drive down to Park City, Utah to spend some time with family.   They have a time share and every year we go stay a weekend at the Moutainside Marriot Resort.  I love the beds they are luscious.  On the way there Chris stopped in Wendover "to stetch his legs" he put a twenty in the Wheel of Fortune, that is his lucky slot machine.  Turns out it was lucky he ended up winning $400.   It was great to spend time with family and see the newest addition to our family a baby neice Hazel Hope.  Although we loved being with family, it was snowing and freezing cold while we were there.  We were ready to get back to Califormia and the warmer weather. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like fun fun! I love when I read your posts....there's always something to read that you forgot to tell me in our weekly chats. Ha. The electric chair is great. I just wish we were closer so we could go out and you could write about OUR outings!! Luvs.