Monday, January 4, 2010

Bringing in 2010


New Years Eve Dinner, at El Sidoney (a cuban restaurant) with all our girls.

Key West goes all out for New Years Eve, and with bringing in the new millenium it was extra crazy.
Three different gathering spots offer their own unique version of the time honored tradition of lowering something special as the clock winds away the last seconds of the year.

Your Choices are:

A.To see the lowering of a “Pirate Wench” from the mast of the Schooner Liberty Clipper ( aka a pirate ship at Schooner's Warf), accompanied with a cannon blast to be sure!




B.  To see the lowering of a BIG Conch Shell from the rooftop of Sloppy Joes Bar... a crowded and boisterious affair.



C.  To see Sushi a local drag queen celeb, lowered from a Duval St. bacony, riding in a Giant Red High-Heeled Shoe.   Guess which one we chose to wittness??? 
 C would be the correct anwser. 
 We really should of gotten there sooner because it was so crammed we could barely even see the Shoe.  There were Chip-n-dale wanna be dancers and drag queen performers that sing and dance.  It was hilariously entertaining on so many levels.
 


This guy was dancing on the roof and throwing out mardi gras beads to everyone on the street.  Chris and I caught some.


(matching blue beads)


I was so pleased with myself to get such a great shot of this drag queen.  Doesn't she look great in this lime green dress with pink feathers?! 


HaPpY nEw  YeAr!! 

2 comments:

Kiera said...

yes!!!! I was totally rooting for C. I would've been right there next to you... drag queen on a shoe? come on! blows the other options out of the park.

I actually really like her dress and would like to know where I can purchase such a thing. It really is fab! Speaking of clothes... where did you get this adorable skirt you are rockin in the photos? Is this new? Why have I not seen this before?

Zaundra and Grant said...

yay so fun! i'm so glad i have your blog now! i can keep updated with your life!!