Friday, July 9, 2010

June = Free for Locals

During the month of June there are several activities that offer free admission for locals.  Yay for us!  These activities include: The Harry S. Trumen House, The Pirate Shipwreck Museum, The Conch Train, and The Key West Aquarium.  We got to participate in all four of these free activities.
The Aquarium was my favorite and really the only one I documented.
I got to pet the tail of a Nurse Shark. 
They had a cool hands on section of the aquarium where we were allowed to hold different starfish, crabs, sea urchents, and this amzing conch shell with a live conch inside.  Conch is actually a popular menu item here in the keys.  I can't say that I like it all that much but lots of people do. 

 The aquarium was built in 1934, and was the first tourist attraction in Key West.  It is unique in that it only features turtles, sharks, game and tropical fish that are native to the waters of Key West.  


Great to be a local in June.

No comments: