A few nights ago Sagan and I had a sleepover. It was a really fun time full of spontaneity and randomness.
Somehow, she convinced me it would be a good idea to put this massive pink streak in my hair. I woke up the next morning and had to go to work looking like this.
I must admit. I am not loving the pink hair look. I tried to take it out with a bleach wash. But nothing, the color is there to stay. Luckily it is temporary and I am hoping it will be completely faded out in about a month.
It has been a interesting experience walking around with pink hair. I have gotten lots of comments/compliments. The best was at church, one of my friends comes up to me and says "Cute hair Aubrey! All the girls in primary are going to be so jealous." Oh that's awesome! That is exactly the look I was going for. I feel a little but like one of those unstable teenagers who does something drastic just to get attention. That really wasn't what I was going for either. The truth is I wasn't going for anything and I clearly didn't think it through. It was just one of those. "Hey lets dye your hair Pink." And I was thinking hmmm.... I have never had pink hair before. I wonder what it would be like. I was feeling spontaneous and we just did it. We went out and bought dye at 1am and were finished by 3am. We finally feel asleep at about 5am. And I woke up the next morning with a bright pink chunk of hair.
I can't say that my dear husband has been very supportive of it at all. I have endured several days of countless, white trash, trailer park, and circus jokes. And then Sagan trying to convince me that it is cute, because she feels bad.
1 comment:
Ha I love it! and I love this Sagan girl for convincing you to do it!
Yeah when you said streak I was picturing something a lot smaller and perhaps a little more in the back and underneath... like peek a boo style. Ha but this is way more fun! Forget the primary girls. I am jealous
Post a Comment