Key West is full of fascinating history and people, that being said it is also full weirdos, creepos, psychos, and a bunch of odd ducks.
One random day at work, it was unusually slow and I was standing outside in hopes of some sort of human life to walk by, and up comes this skinny, 20 something, red haired boy. He starts talking to me and notices that my pink toenail polish is chipped. I look down and reply "yep sure enough it is."
Our conversations continues from there:
Red: "How would you like me to touch up those toenails for you?" As he whips out a bottle of pink toenail polish from his jean pocket.
Me (quite surprised): " Oh thanks but I'm ok."
Red: "Please, it is free of charge."
Me: " No thanks, I don't think that pink is going to match the current chipped pink I have already."
Red: "Well that is no problem, what is your favorite color?" As he continues to pull out several bottles of colored nail polish from his jean pockets
" I have Red, Blue, Purple, Green..."
Me (even more surprised): "Wow you have quite the collection of nail polish. You really carry all that around wherever you go?"
Red: "Yep, painting toenails is my hobby, I really enjoy it." Handing me his phone. "Look at my pics you can see all the various toenails I have pained. I have painted toenails on women from 34 of the 50 states. Where are you from?"
Me: "Idaho"
Red: "I haven't done Idaho yet. You would be doing me a great service by allowing me to paint your toenails, I have a goal to get all 50 states."
Me: (bored, and a little bit entertained with this nut job, finally submits) "Alright, Purple is my favorite color."
As he paints my toenails, he proceeds to tell me how he has this fetish with women's feet and when he is done he asks to take a picture of his work.
I must admit they looked pretty good for such an odd duck.
1 comment:
Lol. I love this story. It's so much better hearing it in person though. Ha.
Post a Comment