Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our Temporary Home...

Well we are here.  We have managed to get as settled in as we can living in a tiny studio apartment, which is really like a hotel room with a fridge.  We have been busy looking for more permanent housing, but I thought I would show you where we have been staying for the time being. 





Here is the conch shell I found in the ocean by where we are living. 
Pretty Sweet!


We have been in Grand Cayman a little over a week now.  We are finally starting to get more acquainted with the island.  This past week had been really busy.  Chris has started his new job, we have been house hunting, we have gone out to eat with several people from Chris's work, attended a big marketing party for Chris's work, went to church, were given callings (Chris is Young Men's President and I am a counselor in Relief Society),  I have job hunted, I found a job (I start Aug. 1st.), went to a branch beach party, went to a work beach party, swam in the pool, went to the beach on our own, went to Harry Potter in 3D, and have watched lots of movies on our laptop. It is weird not having a TV. 
 These were taken at Camana Bay which is a really nice shopping complex kinda like the Gateway in Salt Lake City, and it is where the movie theater is located so we came here to watch the new Harry Potter.


 Here are a few pictures of one of the beaches we have gone to multiple times called Smith's Cove.  It is with in walking distance to where we are staying right now. 
It has been a busy week, with lots going on. But we are doing well, and everything seems to be falling into place.






2 comments:

Courtney said...

I thought you might have been exaggerating about how small your place is, but it's tiny! It's right by the ocean though. I can't believe that conch shell. That's so pretty.

Erin said...

So, I love your cute blog and I seriously need to learn how to make mine cute like this with cute font and everything. Sent you a fb message! Miss you lots. Love ya!