Long time no post, eh, sorry about that. Chris and I have been home with the family enjoying every minute, and I didn't want to spend a moment away from them to update my blog.
I really wasn't very good at taking pictures while I was home, so I decided I am going to quickly summarize the last four weeks in one long post.
Week One: I flew home with Zuri (she did great on the plane and really travels very well). My sister competed in the Miss Idaho pageant so I was able to attend that with her. What an exhausting 3 nights, and I wasn't even the one competing. She did awesome, and I am so proud of her!
After the pageant was over Chelacie and I both hung out together, going to the gym, sleeping, watching movies, eating, and pretty much being really lazy.
Week Two: Chris came to Idaho. He had stayed in Florida a few extra days, then made the 48 hour car ride home to Utah. Luckily, his dad flew out to help him make the drive. After a couple days in Utah recovering he drove to Idaho. We had a great time with the family, playing games, watching movies, going for walks with the dogs, riding horses, shopping, going out to eat, visiting extended family, spending time with grandparents, and going to the Weiser Fiddle Festival.
Week Three: Chris and I drove back to Utah and headed up to Snowbird for his annual family reunion. We had fun, playing with nieces, nephews, and second cousins, going for hikes in the mountains, having snowball fights, playing games (especially our new favorite Family Fued), eating, and celebrating my birthday. Chris got me facial at the spa, and we had a fun party with cake and ice cream.
Week Four: We headed up to Bear Lake, where we could be with both sides of the family. My family came up and we all stayed at my Aunt Shauna's cabin, even Zuri got to come. We had a really fun time, boating, wake-boarding, jet skiing, playing with the dogs (all 5 of them), playing in the sand, sitting around the fire, playing games, visiting with cousins, riding four wheelers, grilling out, and getting shakes at La Beau's.
Chris's family also brought there trailer up and camped out. We were able to spend his 30 birthday with lots of people dear to us. Lisa was amazing and cooked this great dinner, we had cake and ice cream, and then Jeff took us on the four wheeler ride of a life time. We went way up into the mountains, going over mounds of snow, and up and down steep cliff sides, it sure was a great time. Then we headed back to the cabin for our very own fabulous firework show.
The last few days we spent getting ready to move to Grand Cayman. We sure did have an amazing time. We are so thankful for our families and all the love and support they give to us.
We love you, and thanks for everything you do!
1 comment:
Great recap. It was fun (as always) spending time with you and Chris. Hope things are going well for you in GC- Keep posting with pictures of you guys and your surroundings. Love, Sue
Post a Comment