We had a super fun week with Papa Jeff and Grandma Lisa. Ayla was the best baby! We took her everywhere. She went to the beach everyday and out to eat every night and she was so good.
Jeff got in on Sunday March 25th and we all went over and hung out at the hotel that evening. Monday we got a late start to the day and mostly hung out at our apartment while Ayla slept. When Chris got off work we all went out to dinner. We went to Casanova, this great Italian place on the water. We even had this guy come play a lullaby to sweet Ayla on his harp.
Tuesday went snorkeling at Cemetery beach. Ayla was asleep when we got there, so Jeff volunteered to watch Ayla while Lisa and I snorkeled. Then we came back and I stayed with Ayla so Lisa and Jeff could snorkel. It worked out really great and I appreciated the opportunity to get in the ocean. It was the first time for me since Ayla was born. We saw tons and tons of fish. I think I have mentioned this before but at this particular beach the fish are not afraid of you. In fact they are custom to being fed, so they will swim right up and around you and when you swim away they just keep on following you. It seemed worse this time, previously it hasn't ever bothered me. But this time it slightly freaked me out.
Then we went back to the hotel where we all took turns showering. Chris got off work and we went out to dinner. This night we went to Deckers Steakhouse and Lisa got the All You Can Eat Lobster.
This was her first time ever eating lobster!
So funny story: Lisa claimed she didn't care for the lobster to much, but then we caught her sneaking extra lobster into her napkin to take home and eat later cause she was so full. Hehe. She thought she was being so sneaky.
Wednesday we went snorkeling at Governors beach. We did the same system, except this time Lisa stayed with Ayla and Jeff and I went snorkeling and then I came back to feed her and Lisa and Jeff went snorkeling together. The snorkeling was really good this day. Super clear water. We saw tons of fish again, plus two eagle rays and a turtle. Not to shabby eh. It made me wish we had an underwater camera and I decided we really NEED to get one. So as a result I don't have any pictures from that day.
That night Chris met us at Eats Cafe for dinner and then we hit up TCBY for some dessert.
Thursday we drove around the island and hit up Kiabo beach (also known as starfish beach) and then Rum point.
This was Ayla's first time in the ocean. We only dipped her legs in long enough to get a picture and she was not to happy about it.
Cuddling at Rum point.
Grandma bonding.
Friday we went to Smiths Cove. We did some more snorkeling and it was another really great day. Smiths Cove can be hit or miss with the water clarity but it was really clear and we saw lots of coral, fish and plant life. Smiths cove it great little beach to snorkel at because there is so much to see and look at.
And here is Ayla chilling in her stroller at the beach. Being a really great baby.
I can't believe how long she is getting. It will soon be time to switch out the bassinet for the toddler seat in her stroller. But for now she still really likes it so we will continue to use it a bit longer.
That night we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. They do a delicious 2 for 1 burger deal on Friday nights. They play the music so loud there, I was worried about damaging poor Ayla's baby ears, and kept asking them to turn down the music. I don't think we will take her back there anytime soon.
Sweet Ayla bonding with papa Jeff at the hotel. Look at the full round belly!
Saturday we hit up the Ritz brunch buffet one last time. You think we liked that place? We gorged out. Then went back to the hotel to try and sleep some of it off. That afternoon Lisa, Jeff and Chris took a jet ski tour over to Sting Ray City while Ayla and I napped at the hotel. Then we all went over to our apartment to watch the Final Four Basketball Tournament! Which Kansas WON!! Chris so so hyped up about it he couldn't fall asleep till the wee hours of the morning.
Sunday morning Lisa and Jeff came over. We had milk and donuts and then dressed Ayla in the gorgeous blessing dress Grandma Lisa made for her so we could get some pictures of the two of them.
She looked so beautiful! I am so excited for her to be blessed on Easter Sunday!
Then we had to say our goodbyes and drop them off at the airport.
Thanks for wonderful week! We had an amazing time and can't wait to see you both again this summer.


4 comments:
Do you make your Ayla's bows or do you buy them? They are SOO cute!!
Thanks Beth! I make them. It is really fun and super easy. I have all the tutorials on my pinterest boards if you want to check it out.
What a beautiful baby Ayla is. And what a gorgeous dress. That is too funny about the blow out. You live in a beautiful place.
Chris and Aubrey what a beautiful family.
Post a Comment