Tuesday, December 4, 2012

10 MONTHS

 Ayla is 10 month old! 
 I sure had fun doing her photo shoot today, I think we got some winners!







The last one is my favorite!

Ayla continues to come up with new tricks everyday.  She will clap her hands every time anyone says "Yay!"  She will wave hello and goodbye, which is super cute!  And when you say "Ayla are you getting SOOooo BIG?!"  She raises her arms, hands clasped together up over her head as high as she can reach.  
It's absolutely adorable!  
Ayla will also point at things and people now.  Her favorite is when she points at her Daddy and then he points back and they keep pointing at each other till he comes toward her and their two pointer fingers touch at which point Chris yells "Zap!"  and runs away like it hurt.  She will laugh and giggle and then they do it all again. 
Ayla loves to play peek-a -boo.  We will throw a blanket over her head and say "Ayla, where are you?"  Several times until she pulls the blanket off her head while giggling and squealing in delight.  Then we say " "Oh! There you are!" all surprised and do it over and over again.  I never knew peek-a-boo could be such a fun game.  It is my favorite also! 
The girl is constantly on the move, no more sit and play with her toys and stay in one place.  She has perfected her combat crawl and is really getting around.  Changing her diaper has become a difficult battle as she will no longer hold still long enough to seal the deal.  She always needs toy or book as a distraction to try to help her hold still.  Breastfeeding has become much more difficult.  She will no longer hold still long enough to nurse, the only time I can even get her to nurse anymore is first thing in the morning and even then I have to keep bringing her back to me 3-4 times before she is really finished, she keeps trying to roll away early.  All the other times she prefers a bottle.  She won't drink straight formula, so I pump what I can and mix the formula and breastmilk together.   Hopefully, we will be able to keep this up till she turns a year and we can switch her to whole milk.  I am a little bit worried that my supply might not last that long, it seems to be diminishing pretty quickly. 
Ayla is starting to pull up on everything.  She can't quite get herself to full standing all on her own yet, but she sure does try and once she is standing she will take several assisted steps.  
She is a very independent little baby already wanting to feed herself.  I try to give her lots of finger foods that she can eat on her own,  so she eats lots of beans and noodles, which she loves! And then the pureed foods that I feed her can only be done if she too gets to hold her own spoon.  That can be interesting if she tries to put her spoon in her mouth at the same time I am putting a spoon of food in her mouth.  Ya meal time gets pretty messy.   Then there is the fun fact that her and Zuri are best pals and because of that Ayla loves to intentionally drop food for Zuri to enjoy also, this then gives Zuri an upset tummy and makes her throw up.   Which is super fun for mommy to clean up!
Ayla still loves to be outside and enjoys going for walks with me and Daddy and Zuri.  She also loves to sit out on the deck in the afternoons as we wait for Daddy to get home! 
Ayla loves books!  She will look at them and play with them as much if not more than any of her toys.  She also loves to be read too.  That is the only time she will ever holds still she will hold still and listen to me read  to her for often times 3-5 stories at a time.
She sure is a joy to have in our home and we can't imagine life without her it! 
Happy 10 months love bug! 

No comments: