Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Potty Training, Face pain, Tooth Ache



Hey Sister Fife!  
Sorry I have missed writing you the last couple weeks.  Things have been pretty interesting over here.  Two weeks ago we started potty training.  I read this book called Potty Training in one day.  The whole concept is having a big potty party where Ayla gets a new doll (she named her Sarah).  The doll pees and she trains the doll to use the potty.  There are lots of presents and rewards and excitement all day!  
It was totally exhausting.  Day one actually wasn't to bad, she had one accident and one pee in the potty.  But the girl sure can hold her bladder.  We were having her drink tons, way more than normal and she would hold it for hours!  She would feel the urge to pee so we would go to the potty and she would sit there for awhile, like 5-10 minutes, and then I think right as the pee would be ready to come out she would freak out and hurry and stand up and run around and then the sensation to pee would go away so she could hold it for another hour or so.  It was super frustrating.  The only way I finally got her to pee in the potty wasn't till 9pm that night.  Each time we went to the potty she would sit there for like 20 minutes and I would sit on the floor next to her and try to entertain her.  It was so exhausting.  And sitting on the floor for long periods of time when your 8 months pregnant isn't to fun either.  

(pictures from our potty party!)
After day 5, I couldn't take it anymore.  We weren't making any progress in fact she was digressing.  To the point where she wouldn't pee all day till her nap and then she would take her pull up off while in bed and then pee in her bed.  So we quit trying, put her back in diapers and we are all much happier now.   I decided to wait till after the baby is born closer to her 3rd birthday and then we will try again.  Potty training is hard work!  Plus she is terrified to sit on a big potty so if we went anywhere I would have to be one of those moms that brings their kids potty in the car everywhere we go, and then have to take her out to the car anytime she needs to use the potty.  Lets hope she gets over the fear of the big potties soon!  I really don't want to do that. 

So the next weekend was labor day weekend!  We were so happy to not be potty training and do something fun that involved leaving the house.  We took Ayla to the Lion Safari.  
We saw lots of animals!  After each animal we saw Ayla would say, "Bye Bye, What/s next" and try to guess what the next animal we would see would be.
She also played her first full round of mini golf with chis and rode a couple rides.  She did the dumbo ride twice and the carousel 4 times!  She would have done it more but Chris and I had enough so we needed to say no eventually.  

(in the video Ayla is saying, "Lion, So Cool, Close their mouth")


Sunday I got released from my calling as a primary teacher.  It will be so nice to go to church and not have any responsibilities!  I am excited to get to go to relief society and Sunday school again! 
Monday (Labor Day) we met up with several friends for a day at the beach. 


It was a fun day!  Ayla loved playing in the sand!  She is happy to play in the sand for hours!  Then that night we went to dinner with our friends the Kings.  They have a little girl who is four (Cordy) she and Ayla play really well together.  They are also expecting another little girl any day now.  She was due Sept 5th.  
After that the week took a turn for the worse.  I developed this horrible sinus pressure in my face.  It was so painful.  The whole right side of my face hurt so bad!  I made a rice pack that I would heat and hold on my face, and got a netting pot to try and flush it out, but in the end I broke down and started taking Suedefed. Which was approved by my Dr. but still I hate to take medicine when I am pregnant.  After a couple of days the sinus pressure went away and as soon as it did I got a horrible tooth ache!  It hurt so bad, all the time!  So I started taking Tylonol, and made an appt to see the dentist. They couldn't get me in till Friday.  I could only take it the tynolol every 6 hours and it would wear off after four so the last two hours I would be lying in pain waiting till I could take more.  The worst was at night cause I would wake up from the pain and not be able to back to sleep for at least two hours when I could take more Tylenol.  I managed to go two days like this and then when I woke up on Friday the pain had gone away.  Thank goodness!   I got my teeth cleaned and x-rays and it was not good news!  That tooth that was hurting, ya it is in bad shape!  I needed a root canal!  Bonus I had 9 teeth with cavities!  Can you believe it!   NINE!!!!   How does that even happen?  I brush my teeth twice a day every single day!  Morning and night!  I hardly ever drink soda and rarely ever have candy.  I could be better at flossing regularly, but I do floss.   They did tell me that I brush my teeth to hard.  I was like, what?  Is that even a thing,  that can cause problems?  Apparently it is.  It is bad to brush your teeth to hard. Oh and the tooth that needs a root canal I have to go see a specialist to have it done!  (expensive)
So this is awesome timing with the whole having a baby thing in 6 weeks and now needing to get major dental work done.  We are going to be paying medical bills for a long time.  Being a grown up can really be NOT fun sometimes.  
Chris was out or town for part of the week as well which was just perfect.  Hope your week was better than mine!

No comments: