Friday, December 19, 2014

Holiday spirit!

Hey Sweet Sister!

We have been busy saying goodbye to dear friends, playdates/outings and getting in the holiday spirit. 
Reef is becoming a hefty chunk of hunk.  I love smothering him in kisses and cuddling his squishy body against mine as I smell his sweet newness.  I really don't want him to grow up.  His two month apt is coming up on Monday Dec 21.  I can't believe he is two months old!

Our friends the Shaw's moved away.  Doug graduated dental school and is taking over a dental practice in Texas.  We had a fun final goodbye party for them.   They were good friends and lived just down the street from us.  

Ayla is obsessed with Christmas lights! Florida may not be cold and snowy but they sure do know how to do lights.  Many houses in our neighborhood decorate with lots of lights and big blow up snowmen and Santas.  Ayla gets so excited when it gets dark cause that means the lights come on.  She loves to go on walks around the neighborhood to see them and out for drives to find more.   A baptist church here in Davie puts on a fabulous lights show synchronized to music.  Ayla loved it!  She never wanted to leave. 
This is one house we found extraordinarily decked out. ( I have found that trying to photograph the lights in the dark never turns out well.)
Ayla has also been consuming a regular diet of vanilla yogurt and chocolate milk.  Whenever you ask her what she wants to eat she says those two things every time.  We often struggle to get her to eat anything else.  

Our first big outing as a family of four was to our favorite place, the Miami Zoo.  They offer camel rides at the zoo and I have been eager to go, but could never convince Ayla to do it with me, so we hadn't done it yet.   Ayla has been watching the show "Caillou."  She loves this show!  There is an episode where Caillou goes to the zoo and rides a camel.  He is scared at first but then the camels are really nice and he ended up really liking it.  This time at the Zoo I asked if Ayla wanted to ride the camel just like Caillou and she said YES!   She was so brave.  It was very fun!
Ayla was my special helper making and decorating sugar cookies with me. 
Then we delivered them to the ladies I visit teach (who are all less active), a non member neighbor  Miss Cathy, and our friends who just had a baby for our Family night (FHE).  (that counts as a missionary experience right?)  
It was a great time!  I really enjoyed visiting with the families and know I need to make a better effort to reach out to them all more often. 
We also had a Relief Society Murder Mystery Dinner as our Relief society Christmas activity. The bishop, a few husbands and young men, even did a hilarious little skit at the end.  It was lots of fun!  I really do love relief society.  I actually put on a very similar activity when I served in the relief society presidency in Key West.  So I was very appreciative for all the hard work that went into it.  There was a great turn out. 

Then we had our ward Christmas party.  This was fun also.  I dressed up the kids in festive Christmas attire.  Thanks for sending them Grandma Chele!  They sure looked adorable! 
 Ayla ran around with her little friends all over the church. While Reef slept the whole time.  Chris and I talked with friends and enjoyed the great food. 


No comments: