I hope you had a wonderful week and Thanksgiving. We sure have. Reef is getting so big. He had his 1 month doctor appointment two weeks ago. He weighted 11lbs 1 oz and was 22 inches long. He has grown a lot!
Reef is very strong. He does great with tummy time and actually seems to really enjoy it (unlike his sister).
He also loves to be snuggled and likes to have his back patted (unlike his sister).
Chris had to scout out a possible store location in Boca Raton, Fl. He took Ayla with him and made a daddy daughter outing out of it. He bought her a dozen macaron cookies while they were there and they brought some home to share with mommy. They sure are delicious but also quite expensive. $22.50 for a dozen!! Crazy!
We have been watching lots of sports with college football, NFL, college basketball and NBA all playing right now. ESPN is always on. Ayla has really embraced her Daddy's love of sports. Which I love and think is so cute! She has her own 49er shirt that she wears whenever they play, just like daddy. She is a big time daddy's girl. It is so cute!
She has become a little possessive of Chris, especially whenever he is holding Reef. The other night Ayla was in bed, and Reef was crying and Chris was holding him trying to rock him to sleep. Ayla yelled from her room asking what was the matter with baby Reef and Chris told her he was trying to get Reef to go to sleep. She immediately starting bawling. I think she was upset that Chris was holding and snuggling Reef and she was in bed. We had to get her out and let her snuggle with daddy on the couch for a little bit, while mommy put Reef to bed.
I took Ayla and Reef to the Young at Art Museum. We met up with some friends for a playdate. It was the first outing with both kids by myself. It went really great! I think we will try to go about once a week.
Ayla's friends Brooke and Macy gave her some pretty polish and she let me paint her fingers and toes! This is only the 2nd time ever we have painted her nails, cause she would never hold still. The first time was when she was about 5 months old.
Thanksgiving morning we decorated our house for Christmas! So fun! Ayla loved helping. She has been watching the show Curious George's Christmas and they decorate a tree in the show. She refers to our tree as."George's Chrismas Tree."
We ate Thanksgiving dinner with our friends the Kings at their house. It was a lovely meal. They have a 4 year old daughter Cordy and 2 month old daughter Josie. Cordy and Ayla played really well together. Ayla was being a stinker. She didn't eat one bite of her dinner and had to go on timeout a couple times for screaming and not listening. Then as soon as we got home she was starving. Go figure.
I love all these baby snuggles!
Reef made his first debut at church this Sunday. He sure did look dapper in his plaid button up. I am loving the simplicity and ease of boy clothes.
Ayla is really starting to bond with Reef now. Sunday night she asked to hold him with the bobby pillow just like mommy does. She fed him his bottle, gave him a binki and patted his tummy and head. It was so adorable. He almost fell asleep while she was holding him. She is such a great big sister.
I love having a newborn! It really is so fun. I have told a few people that and their reply is usually, yes is fun but also hard and tiring. Honestly, I think having a newborn is a breeze compared to a toddler. Two year olds, now that is a challenge!
Ayla talks all the time now. She says the cutest things.
The other day Ayla woke up from a nap and we could hear her grunting. (This means she is trying to push out a poop,) Poor girl has massive bowl movements that really take some serious effort to push out. Anyway, Chris goes in to check on her and she is sitting cross legged in her crib holding the railings and pushing and grunting. He asks her if she is making poop. She replies. "Still working, be back 5 minutes." LOL!
Anytime she goes anywhere she says one of these things,
"Be right back." "just a second" "be back 5 minutes"
She is very independent.
When we try to help her with something that she doesn't want help with she gets upset and usually yells,
"Ayla do it by big self." (she refers to herself in 3rd person quite often.)
She also has started to call Chris by his first name instead of Daddy. She did it with me for a little bit but mostly she calls me mommy. With Chris it is about 50% of the time Daddy and the other 50% of the time she calls him Christopher.
She always calls Reef, "baby Reef".
She has the cutest voice. People tell us all the time what an adorable little voice she has and how they love listening to her talk.
Ayla has also gotten really into dancing. We have dance parties in our living room several nights a week.
Lots of people have been sharing the things they are grateful for on facebook one for each day of the month. I didn't do this on facebook but here are mine.
30 things I am grateful for:
1. My loving husband that supports me and loves me unconditionally despite my many weaknesses. 2. My spunky spirited daughter. Being her mom is such a blessing. It continually pushes me to grow in patience, love, understanding, and humility. It can be incredibly difficult at times but always so worth it.
3.. My sweet, special little boy. He is such a good baby. Being his mom is such an honored privilege.
4. I am grateful for my cute and cozy home.
5. Great friends that I can call on at anytime for anything.
6. Prayer and the constant open line of communication with my heavenly father.
7. Eternal Families! I am so grateful to know that families can be together forever. It brings such peace and comfort to my heart.
8. Amazing brothers and sister that inspire and uplift me. Seriously, you guys are awesome.
9. Our wonderful parentals. Such stellar examples to strive to emulate.
10. Killer inlaws! I hit the jack pot! My in laws are the coolest.
11. Loving and kind Heavenly Father
12. Religion and the core foundation it provides to guide us and help us raise our children in righteousness.
13. The opportunity to repent and continuously strive to become better each day.
14. To reside in a place with beautiful warm sunny weather year round.
15. Technology and how it makes life so much easier.
16. The internet and the means it provides to stay connected to the ones we care about, no matter how little we may see them or how far the distance is between us.
17. Google! How did people live without google? This is a parenting must have in my opinion. The answer to virtually any question is just one click away.
18. Health! I am grateful for a healthy body that is free of disease and chronic pain.
19. Music and the way it can instantly uplift any mood. Particularly loving Christmas music right now.
20. The earth and the vast beauty it possess: beaches, mountains, lakes, streams, valleys, deserts. Its truly amazing and in my opinion only intensifies my belief that only a greater power could have created it. The fact that he created it for us is just one of the many examples of how much he must love us.
21. Animals! Ayla's love of all animals has increased my gratitude for all of Gods creatures and how they all depend on one another for survival in this circle of life.
22. I am grateful for Disney. He cultivates the imagination and creates worlds of wonder and magic through his movies, music, animation, amusement parks, characters and stories. Big fan right here.
23. Food, cause it is so delicious and provides energy and nutrients for our bodies.
24. Chris's job, cause he enjoys it, can work from home, and provide for our family.
25. Books and the knowledge that can be gained as well as the escape into the story.
26. A safe and reliable vehicle
27. Our dog Zuri. There are many times when I think that life would be a lot easier without her. But she is an important part of our family and a loved and irreplaceable companion to Ayla. Zuri and Ayla are best pals and I am grateful they have each other.
28. Hot showers! I am so grateful for hot running water. Ahh! A hot shower feels so refreshingly good.
29. Naptime! I love love love naptime! I am grateful when my kids nap so they can be happier and I can get stuff done, especially if that means I get a much needed nap also.
30. Grateful for the Holidays. The spirit of giving and uniting loved ones. Its such a special time of year. And having little ones makes this time of year funner than ever!!














No comments:
Post a Comment