Saturday, March 14, 2015

Grandma Dove


My dear Grandma Dove passed away on 28th, which was her 94th birthday.  Six of her seven living children were all with her when she died. She lived a long full life and left it peacefully.   She was a remarkable woman.  An amazing example to all those who knew her.  She was a small petite woman but she was strong.  I learned a few new things about her and her history during her funeral which I loved.  But mostly I loved hashing up all the wonderful memories I have of her, especially from my childhood and spending time in her home.  
Although I will miss her terribly along with all her loved ones.  Her funeral was a happy one, full of stories of her life and character, beautiful music, and lots of family.  It was a really nice day and I think it was just the way she would want it to be. 
It was great to get to see my family!  And get these to babes together again. Aren't they just precious!  I really am just so grateful I was able to be there. 
I also visited Grandma BB while I was home.   Hard to believe she is my last living grandparent.   Her short term memory is not the best and she really can't hear.  So our visit consisted of her sharing the same 3 stories numerous times and asking me the same few questions multiple times.  But she was is great spirits.  So happy and cheerful.  And she is such a great story teller I enjoyed listening to her tell me those same 3 stories each and every time.  And when it was time to go she held me close looked me straight in the eye and told me how very proud of me she was and how much she loved me and made me feel like the most important and loved grand daughter there ever was!
Grandma's really are so special!   

No comments: