
This is hands down the most amazing thing we have done in Hawaii thus far. About a month ago we went on a Kayaking adventure. We rented a kayak and paddled out to Captain Cooks Monument. It was a beautiful day and the ocean looked like glass. We knew this was a good place to try and see Dolphins but we were in utter amazement when we got out there. There was a pod of about 40 dolphins swimming all around us. At first I tried to get pictures of them but they were so fast most of them didn't turn out. So then I took a video. The video is cool so I wanted to share it with all of you. But I have to worn you I sound like a complete idiot trying to do the commentary. From now on I think I will let Chris take all the videos.

We were able to actually get out of the kayak and snorkel with the dolphins. This was especially neat because you could hear them singing under the water. Towards the end when the dolphins were beginning to swim off they left us with quite show. They were jumping, spinning, and flipping. Really showing off. I wish I would have gotten that on video, unfortunately at that point the camera was tucked away in the dry bag attached to our kayak. When we reached the monument we hauled the Kayak to shore. We ate a packed lunch, hiked around the monument, some of the trails, then did some more snorkeling. The snorkeling here is amazing. It was a little bit scary. There is the shallow coral area with lots of fish, pretty coral, even a few turtles, but then there is a sudden drop off. It drops so deep you cant see the bottom and who knows what could be waiting down there... like a SHARK! This is serious because we heard it is not a safe place to go at night because Tiger Sharks come out at night to feed!!! Not to worry no one got eaten by a shark that day. We made it back to shore safe and happy. What a great and memorable day!
1 comment:
Just saw that you made a blog! Yah! Now I can see what you two are up too! Looks like you are having a lot of fun!! Loves...
Post a Comment