Sunday, November 15, 2009

A weekend with Jeff and Lisa


  Last weekend Chris's mom Lisa and her husband Jeff came out to visit.  We had a ton of fun with them.  They flew in Thursday night.  Chris went and picked them up from the airport.  Lisa was such a trooper all weekend, she had been sick and was just kinda starting to get over it.  Their flight got in late so Chris took them to their hotel so they could go to bed early.  I on the other hand went to the Mat Kearney concert with Kiera.

It was a great concert.  I wouldn't say I was a huge fan of his before the concert. I went for Kiera (she's in love with him).  After seeing him live I must admit he is quite "dreamy".  We both bought some Mat Kearney fan wear afterward.  We were so hyper and silly when we got home.  Chris didn't even know what to do with us.

On Friday we woke up early and had breakfast with Jeff and Lisa at their hotel. Then we went and saw the movie The Box at the theater.  It was a pretty lame movie.  I wouldn't recomend it.  After the movie we went to dinner at Bubba Gumps.  I love that place, soooo good. That night we went to the Golden State game in Oakland.  They played the Clippers.  I don't have any pics from it, but Chris and I actually went to the Golden State vs Memphis game the Wednesday before so here are a few pics from that game.

We had some great seats on the 11th row.


At half time they had these guys come and do tricks as they dunked the ball after jumping on a trampoline.  It was cool and looked like fun.

Allen Iverson, Chris's Favorite BB player.

Saturday we went on a tour to Alcatraz Island.  This the view of the city from the boat.



This is Alcatraz island!

View of the City from the island.

In Alcatraz Prison.  If you can't read the sign it says "break the rules and you go to prison, break the prison rules and you go to Alcatraz."



It was so interesting to learn about the history of the island and the prison. They do a great job with the tour. 

On the boat ride back to the city with a view of the Bay Bridge.

Sunday, we went to the 49er game.  It was the best weather.  I swear it was like 80 degrees. We wish the 49ers would have won, but it was a close game. After the game we all went to dinner and then dropped Lisa and Jeff off at the airport.   Thanks for such a fun weekend you guys.  We love you!

1 comment:

kiera said...

"ugh! why is my camera taking ugly pictures?!"

I know you totally came for me but tell me you didnt fall in love just a little bit. unless you are completely devoid of emotions you can't help but have your heart melted by him at least a little... not to mention his stare. who else makes it seem like the rest of the crowd has disappeared and they are beckoning you on stage? that's right, no one. haha I'm a pathetic fan. good times!