This started out as an ordinary day. I had a list of things to do. I woke up at 7am, got ready, ate breakfast, took Chris to work, then went to meet our new landlord to get our electricity and water switched into our name. As we were standing in line I started to feel a little light headed, after we got the electricity switched over we were getting ready to head back to the car. I started to see dots and thought I was going to faint, I hurried and sat down and drank some water. After a couple of minutes I felt fine. So we drove over to get the water switched. It was pleasantly fast and easy. Then we parted ways. As I was driving back home, I started to feel pretty sick. I decided I better pull over at the next gas station and get a soda. I started getting the burps, you know when your tummy feels a little bit gassy and you have little frequent burps. I really thought that if I could hurry and get some soda I would be fine. So I grabbed some drinks and hurried over to the counter. I told the cashier I wasn't feeling very well, I am pretty sure she could tell by the expression on my face. She started ringing me up, I grabbed my wallet out of my purse and then without any warning at all, I vomit. I was able to turn away from the counter and my natural instinct was to put my hand to my mouth. I began involuntarily vomiting all over my hand and unto the floor by the check out counter. I was horrified, in the few seconds between puking my guts out I manage to run to the restroom, all I had time to do was stand over the toilet as the rest of my breakfast presented itself once more. It was miserable, after my stomach was completely empty I was able to get cleaned up and head back out to the cashier, I apologized profusely, finished purchasing my drinks, and left, determined never to show my face in that gas station again. Turns out the soda did the trick and as a drank, I slowly began to feel much better. I love soda so much! My upset tummy appreciates the people who came up with this, sugary, carbonated, caffeinated, unhealthy consumable liquid.
Once I got back to the apartment, I immediately phone Chris to tell him of this mortifying event. It will definitely be stashed away in my top most embarrassing moments file, which I keep tucked away safely in the security of my brain.
That afternoon we had a appointment with our new doctor here in Grand Cayman. We had an ultrasound and were able to see our baby for the first time! We heard the heartbeat and the doctor said that everything looked great and completely normal for this stage in the pregnancy.
Here are a couple of funny videos I stole from a fellow blogger I am stalking. I hope she won't mind. These are a great representation of why we are so excited to be parents and how a drastic change in our lives is about to take place.
Bwa ha ha! Oh Aub, watch these again in four years and you'll be laughing to yourself the whole time. Sometimes when Shiloh asks me the same thing one more time I do scream. :). Which may be why he screams now when he's really upset. Why do those things come back to bite you!?
And hello?! You puked in front of a stranger in a gas station?! How totally mortifying...and SO hilarious! Hahaha, you poor thing, that's so funny. Seriously, nothing worse than that.
2 comments:
Bwa ha ha! Oh Aub, watch these again in four years and you'll be laughing to yourself the whole time. Sometimes when Shiloh asks me the same thing one more time I do scream. :). Which may be why he screams now when he's really upset. Why do those things come back to bite you!?
And hello?! You puked in front of a stranger in a gas station?! How totally mortifying...and SO hilarious! Hahaha, you poor thing, that's so funny. Seriously, nothing worse than that.
Miss you!
this story is killer. so funny and completely mortifying. i've already retold it again and again... it's a lot funnier when it wasn't you.
Post a Comment