While we were in Idaho and Utah we told are families about the new baby to be. I bought a little t-shirt for Zuri that says "I am going to be a big sister" as a fun way to tell my parents. I got my mom's reaction on video. It is basically priceless.
I was waiting for the perfect time to do it. But I began to think that she might be wondering because I was not acting like myself, so I knew I had to do it soon.
While I was home was when I felt the worst. About 4 weeks of sleeping 15 hours a day. Lots of naps, and laying around. I only vomited once while I was home (and I cried afterward) but I had a constant stomach ache, and never really felt normal. It was nice that I didn't have to work, or have anything to do but spend time with my amazing family.
Pregancy Cons that I have experienced so far include:
1. a constant nauseousness
2. headaches (I would never get headaches before)
3. bloating
4. constipation
5. the need to urinate quite frequently
6. gagging to the point of almost vomiting while brushing my teeth
7. food aversion (nothing ever sounded or looked good, especially salads, I used to eat salad everyday, now I can't even look at salad without wanting to vomit)
8. hunger striking with seconds notice and feeling like I needed to eat something right that very second or the world might end.
9. learning I needed to carry snacks around with me wherever I go in case number 8 happened and because I needed to eat something every 2 to 3 hours.
10. getting light headed if I have to stand for semi-long periods of time.
11. some of my clothes are getting really tight and uncomfortable to wear, and I hate having anything tight around my belly.
12. i love soda right now, especially Coke. This is weird for me, before being pregnant, I would never drink soda, I didn't even really like it at all. Now I crave a soda every single day.
There is probably more but that is all that is coming to me at the moment.
Now for the Pros of being pregnant: ........ this list is most likely going to be quite a bit shorter, but there are a few that I have noticed.
1. I have had great skin. Taking my prenatal vitamins and smothering my body in vitamin E oil (in hopes to prevent ugly stretch marks) has done wonders for my skin.
2. I have had really great hair. It seems thicker and really silky.
3. Chris and I's intimate relationship is better than ever! It is like being wound up newly weds again. That perk alone almost makes up for all the many cons.
The other difference I have noticed I can't decide if it is a pro or a con. But my emotions are on edge and highly influenced by what I read, watch on TV, and listed to. I can go from crying, to laughing, to terrified, to ranging upset lunatic, to horny virgin teenager within seconds. There are definitely some pluses and minuses to that.
Despite it all, I keep telling myself the end result will be worth it.
1 comment:
ha so much for eat to live!
love the horny part ;)
Post a Comment