Saturday, March 17, 2012

25 random thoughts

Ok I know I am due to post, and there is lots to say but no one thing big enough to qualify for its own post so here it is 25 random thoughts on the mind of yours truly. 

1.  How is it possible for my baby to poop so much and so frequently?  I was talking with two of my friends at our play date/pot luck and there babies only poop once a week.  I couldn't believe it, Ayla poops about 70 times in a week.  And these aren't little poops either, we are talking big blow out poops, up the back, out the side of the leg, her diaper is full!

2. Breastfeeding is hard.  It is demanding, time consuming, and painful.  We are still strictly 100% nursing, but sometimes I really consider introducing the bottle.  Some days are better than others and I just keep telling myself it is going to get easier.  

3.  I think my milk must act like a laxative for my baby.  I might be concerned about this except she is getting so chubby. We are not worried about her gaining enough weight, she is fat and healthy.  Excited to see how much she weighs at our next doctor visit.

4.  I am always hungry.  No one told me I was going to be more hungry while breastfeeding than I was while pregnant.  And the cravings, they are the worst, I want ice cream and cookies every night.  This predicament is not helpful while trying to lose this extra baby weight. 

5. I love burritos!

6.  Today Zuri and I went for a walk and we got attacked by a chicken.  She had some baby chicks and apparently she thought we got a little to close.  Luckily we can run faster than her. 

7.  Ayla turned 6 weeks old today!  

8.  Ayla has developed a major heat rash, all over her face, neck, chest, and tummy.  Good thing her check up is on Monday so we can have the doctor take a look at it and see if there is anything we can do to treat it. 

9.  I need to find out who is responsible for inventing the electric swing, so I can personally thank them.  Ayla loves her swing, she will sit in there for a good hour or more, even up to 5 hours occasionally.  She also likes sleeping in her swing and sometimes she prefers being in her swing over be held.  It allows me to have a break and in turn makes me a better mom. 

10.  I love swimming!  I went swimming at our pool today for the first time since Ayla was born.  It was so nice and relaxing.  Good to be in the water again!

11.  I have amazing in-laws.  So amazing that before Chris and I got married my mom actually questioned if I was marry Chris because I loved him or because I loved his family.  I told her that of course I loved Chris, but that I really did love his family and that was just the extra icing on that cake. 

12.  I am so excited to have more visitors soon!  Grandma Lisa, Aunt Camie, and cousin Hazel are coming to visit next week.  Definitely looking forward to it for sure!

13.  I need to take a photography class so I can learn how to use my new camera. 
 
14.  Already looking forward to our trip home this summer.  6 blessed weeks in the good old USA. 

15.  I really, really, really, want to see the new movie Hunger Games!!  Now I have to decide if it is worth taking a 6 week old baby to the movie theater.  I swore I would never do that, but I might have to make an exception.  

16.  I miss McDonalds.  When is Grand Cayman going to conform like the rest of the world and finally get a McDonalds?  Watching all these commercials featuring the limited time mint chocolate chip shamrock shake are enough to drive oneself to Loonyville.    

17.  Certain aspects of living in Grand Cayman is like living in the USA 20 years ago.  The convenience of being able to pay your bills online is something never to be taken for granted.  Having to drive out to pay the water and electricity bills every month is such a pain in the royal arse. 

18. Sometimes I really miss my mommy, and by sometimes, I really mean most times. 

19.  Chris just asked me, "Why does our baby poop so much?"  She just pooped and it was such a loud and forceful explosion it awoke her from her quiet and peaceful slumber.  Why?  Why?  

20.  It is officially March Madness.  I never thought I would be so grateful my husband likes to watch basketball.  He is content to be at home all day and take care of Ayla while he watches the game.  It is already becoming a special bond between them.  And a really nice break for me, hence being able to go walk Zuri by myself, and go swimming by myself today.  A little bit of alone time is really, really, really wonderful. 

21.  Happy Saint Patty's Day!  We didn't even dress in green to celebrate this year or put green bows in Zuris hair.  Bummer.  I dropped the ball on that one. 

22.  Time is whizzing by like lightning.  March is already more than half way over, summer is going to be here before we know it!  And guess what that means, YEP, we will be home sweet home in the US of A.  

23.  Ayla is getting blessed on Easter Sunday!  I think that makes this Easter extra special!

24.   Sometimes I look at my life and I think,  man I have a really great life!  So many blessings!  And so much to be grateful for. 

25.  Best thought of all, whenever I look at my dear, sweet, precious, baby girl I always think, "How did I get so lucky to have such a beautiful baby?"   Being a mom really is the most wonderful experience ever!



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved all your comments. Several of them made me laugh. I especially like number 18. It warmed my heart.
I totally agree with number 25. My precious baby girl in now 26 and I still feel like being a mom is the most wonderful experience ever. However being a Grandma is now added to that list.

Love Ya MOM.