Saturday, March 31, 2012

Grandma, Auntie and Little Cousin

Last Wednesday (March 21, 2012)  Grandma Lisa, Aunt Camie, and Cousin Hazel arrived in Grand Cayman. We have had so much fun together and loved having them all here.  First Chris picked them up from the airport and then we all went over to hang out at their hotel.  They brought a whole suitcase full of adorableness for our little Ayla.   She sure is one lucky little lady. 

That evening we took them over to Camana Bay to walk around and eat dinner at Micheal's which was absolutely scrumdiddlyuptious. 
  Here is everyone watching and taking pictures of Hazel as she is running around in the fountain.

 It didn't take long for Chris to establish his special role as Hazel's favorite.
Thursday we got up and headed over to the Ritz Carlton for there amazing brunch buffet.  Seriously, so amazingly delish!  Then we hung out there the rest of the day enjoying there pool and beach.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures from that day.  Weird.  Anyway, that afternoon we took Ayla to get her 6 week Hepatitis B shot.  Ouch!  I tried really hard to be brave for Ayla.  I really can't stand needles.  Knowing how much I dislike them, I couldn't bare watching my tiny little baby be poked.  I kept thinking how she was going to hate me for making her go through this. (pretty dramatic of me, I know)  I watched as the nurse was prepping the shot and was seriously about to cry and then last minute ended up making Chris hold her while she got the shot.  I stayed in the room, but I didn't watch.  She handled it really good and only cried for a couple minutes and then she was fine.  I think from now on when she needs to get her vaccines, that is a great job for Daddy.  
 Ayla and Hazel 
 All during their stay Hazel was obsessed with Iguanas and Cockadoos (her word for chicken/rooster).  All she wanted to do was find the Iguanas and Cockadoos.  It was so cute.  Luckily for her they are everywhere so she got to see lots and lots of both. 
 On Friday we went to the Turtle Farm. Everyone loved seeing all the turtles and interacting with them. 




 Saturday we headed back over to the Ritz for there amazing brunch buffet again.  Yep!  We loved it that much.  Then we hung out there for day.  Chris, Camie, and Hazel went out on the paddle board and kayak, while Grandma Lisa, Ayla and I hung out in the air conditioned Hotel.  That hotel is ginormous.  Hazel got her hair braided like an island girl and Chris and I got a couples massage while Grandma Lisa watched Ayla.  Thank you Camie for the very generous gift.  And thank you Grandma Lisa for watching Ayla. I came out feeling like a new woman.  It was refreshing, invigorating, relaxing, and just about the best thing ever!!  
Such a wonderful day!
That evening we had to clean the church building.  Lisa and Camie were so kind to come help us so we could get it done faster.  Then we went over to Spotts beach to take pictures of Ayla and Hazel in there super cute matching outfits!
 Cute Cousins!
Pictures with Grandma




She really is gorgeous!



Sunday we all got up and went to Sacrament.  Then said goodbye to Camie and Hazel and drop them off at the airport.  It was sad to see them go, but we are so glad they were able to come visit!  At the same time we dropped them off, we picked up Papa Jeff.  He and Grandma Lisa are staying till April 1st, which sadly is coming up really really soon, as in like tomorrow.  So I will be posting about our fun week together next, with many more adorable pics.  So stay tuned.

No comments: