Friday, May 18, 2012

Mothers Day

Sunday was my first Mothers Day and it was wonderful!
Chris and I both spoke in sacrament.  I was a little nervous about this with Ayla, but she was a good girl.  It was after sacrament that she got fussy and we had to bring her home and put her down for a nap.  Chris was kind enough to stay home with her so I could go back for relief society. 
 (Ayla and I ready for church on Mothers Day)

I had planned something special for the sisters in Relief Society.  I arranged to have the priesthood take over nursery and primary for the 3rd hour so the sisters in those callings could come to relief society.  Then we invited all the sisters and young women. We had fruit, heart shaped sugar cookies and soda as refreshments. We did opening exercises and announcements then the sisters were able to get some refreshments and mingle for a few minutes.  After everyone was sitting again we showed the video broadcast of Pres. Utchdorf 's talk "Forget Me Not" from the Relief Society General Conference last October 2011.  It is such a wonderful talk.  After the video I gave a few closing remarks we did our closing song and prayer.  Then took the opportunity to take a picture since we had the majority of our relief society sisters present.
Everything went wonderfully!  I think this group of women with so much diversity are all so beautiful. I feel so blessed to be able to see and serve with them each week. 
Chris spoiled me by making me French Toast for breakfast (a personal favorite of mine) and then he made Tacos for dinner and he did all the clean up afterwards for both.  What a stud!  
It was a really nice day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a great day. Ayla looks so pretty in her little dress.

Way to go Chris. It's so wonderful that you took care of your wife on mothers day.

Love
Mom Fife

Brittany said...

I am so happy you commented on my blog so I could find your blog! So happy I can keep tabs on what you guys are up to. Ayla is so cute! I can't believe she is already so big and we've never even met her. You guys need to come stay with us in Florida!