Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

We had a busy weekend, lots going on, plus we are getting ready for our vacation home to see family. I can't believe we leave tomorrow.   Time has gone by so fast.  Wish us luck on the flight.  I hope Ayla does ok. 

Friday Night
 I hosted a baby shower for a lady in our branch.  Yep that is two in the past 4 weeks. Whoop.  This one was for a baby boy.  Whatcha think of my diaper cake?

After the baby shower we had Brayden and Jennica over to play some games.  We finally had friends over to play the card game of golf that Papa Ko left for us.  Seemed fitting to being playing golf while also watching the US Open Golf Tournament. 

Saturday
We attended our 3rd Wedding here in Grand Cayman.  I think it is funny Chris and I have attended more weddings in the year we have lived in Grand Cayman then in the entire 4 years we were married prior to living here.

 

Dee An made a beautiful bride.  The wedding ceremony was held at the church building and then the reception was held immediately afterwards at the South Sound Community Center. 


It was a small intimate space which held just under 100 people.  I thought it was decorated really well.  And  I loved the flowers.


Sunday

Father's Day!!
Ayla and I got up and made Daddy breakfast, then surprised him with homemade Father's Day cards and a framed picture of the two of us, to put on his desk at work. 

Then we all had to hurry and get ready for a special early morning branch council meeting.  The day from this point is on was... lets just say it wasn't the best day in life.  First, we were late to the meeting, Second, Ayla only sat for about 10 minutes before getting fussy so Chris walked with her out in the hall for the rest of the meeting.  Then we decided to put her back in the carseat and drive around hoping she would fall asleep before going into sacrament meeting.  It worked somewhat.  We drove around, she finally fell asleep with the help of me singing itsy bitsy spider to her over and over about 50 times.  Then in sacrament she woke up again during the opening song.  Grrr... then she pooped, you could see her working on it in her face, and then you could see it as it started seeping out the front of the leg.  Nice.  This happened right during the administration of the passing of the bread.  Naturally she was starting to get restless and wanting out of the carseat and poopy diaper.  We held her off the best we could until the administration of the sacrament was over.  Then I grab the diaper bag and as I am lifting the car seat off the floor, Ayla's foot was up on the side (she likes to stretch out her legs and prop her foot up there sometimes) and it smashed into the bottom of the chair.   Cue screaming here.  I felt so bad!  Poor girl.  So much for sneaking out of sacrament quietly.  Another reason it would be really nice to have actual pews instead of rows of plastic chairs lined up way to close together making it extremely difficult to get in out especially with a car seat in hand.  Finally, we get out and I take her into the nursery where I carefully take her out of her carseat trying to cuddle and comfort my crying baby while simultaneously doing my best not to get her poop all over me.  She stops crying and I lay her down to begin changing this massive blow out.  Luckily, I had packed an extra onesie.  By this point Chris had come to find me and we decided to again drive around to put Ayla to sleep in effort to come back and hopefully get something out of church.   It worked again and Ayla was sound asleep in minutes.  We go back to church and Sacrament meeting was just ending.  But of course we get stopped by several people in the halls talking to us and wanting to look at Ayla and she was awake again before we even got into Sunday School.  Grrr... So I took care of the things I needed to for Relief Society, we got a final picture of us with Brayden and Jennica since this was our last Sunday with them.  They will be gone by the time we get back from our vacation.  And we took Ayla home.  She had a harder time falling back to sleep this time.  I fed her, read stories, laid by her quietly, and finally she fell asleep.  But by this time church was already basically over.  Days like these I wonder what is the point of even trying.  I call my mom up and tell her we are going to quit church.  But that is only in my frustrated and tired state, deep down I know that we will do it all again next week and just pray for a better outcome.   At least she looked cute for church in the beginning prior to the blow out incident.  We did get a picture of her and dad together on Father's Day so it wasn't a total and complete failure. 
  
They sure do look alot alike. 

Good Bye Jennica and Brayden and good luck to you guys in your future endeavors. 

I want to thank my amazing Dad for the truly wonderful man that he is.  Someone whom I always have and always will look up to.  My appreciation and gratitude increases with each day I experience in this trialing and glorious adventure of parenthood.  Thanks for all the sacrifices you made for me.   

And thanks to my amazing husband who is the best father to our sweet daughter.  I know the two of you will continue to build your special bond and have that close daddy daughter relationship that every girl wants with her dad.  Just like I have with mine.    

Happy Father's Day to TWO of the best Men a girl could ever know.  I love you both!!



No comments: