Well here it is Friday evening again, the week went speedily on by. Can you believe it is June FIRST?! Completely cray cray... as in CrAzY!! I figure I better record a few things about last weekend before this weekend officially gets underway. Cause some cool stuff happened last weekend that deems recording. Example, it quite RAINING!! Hallelujah!!!! Last Friday evening there was a baptism for Sister Naketa. She asked me to speak on the Holy Ghost and then the Branch President asked me to do a little Welcome to the Relief Society thing for her. It was my first time speaking at a baptism. I am grateful for the opportunity, it was a very special baptism. I must commend Naketa, she is a very private person but after her baptism she got up to bare her testimony and at the end she sang a song acapella. I was impressed.
On Saturday I hosted a Baby Shower for Cynthia. Everything came together really nicely. I even made this diaper cake.
(not to shabby eh?)
Everything went great, except poor Ayla. She is normally such a happy baby. But we have started to notice she gets overwhelmed when around lots of people that want to look at her, hold her, and talk to her. Especially at church. I thought it would be good to bring her to the shower since it would be a smaller group to get her more accustomed to groups. That was a mistake. The picture below pretty much sums up the night. Luckily, Chris had come along to help me set up. He ended up walking around outside with Ayla the entire time.
She is a big time mommy's girl, fortunately she likes daddy quite a bit too. Anyone else... not so much.
Ayla all dolled up for church! I thought her outfit was fitting being the day before Memorial Day. Which by the way is not celebrated here so Chris had to go back to work on Monday. :(
I also got around to finally dressing Ayla up in her Blessing dress once again to get a few more photos since we didn't get to many on the actual day.
She is such a CUTIE Pie!!
No comments:
Post a Comment