Monday, February 4, 2013

A Fairy First Birthday!

We had Ayla's Fairy First Birthday on Saturday Feb 2nd from 3-6pm.  
I might have gone a tad overboard in the planning.... she is only turning one after all.... but maybe not... I mean she IS TURNING ONE!!  
Which is a pretty BIG deal to me as her mom!  
So I planned and decorated and baked and prepared and it was so much fun!  
The theme was a fairy first pool party and the colors were pink, green, and white.  I DIYed (do it yourself) pretty much everything and pinterest was were I got my inspiration. 
It turned out pretty and perfect!
(except the wind was blowing so much that is ripped my Happy 1st Birthday sign in half before I even go to take a picture. sad face)








(picture of invitations and the party favors we gave out at the end)


First everyone swam in the pool and Ayla wore her pretty new swimsuit.  Then all the kids played in the automatic bubble blower, which was a smashing hit!










After swimming and playing in the bubbles everyone had worked up an appetite.  So we ate, sang Happy Birthday to Ayla, and watched as she ate her strawberry cake made from scratch covered in pink homemade butter-cream frosting and sprinkle stars. 







Ayla wasn't really digging into her cake, so some of her friends came over to help her out. 


After cake we got Ayla cleaned up, and dressed in her fairy costume and watched her open her presents.







She got lots of new books, some adorable new outfits, a pair of silver shoes, pjs, toys, and her very own canvas tote bag. 
Happy Birthday Fairy Princess!!

We love you!

1 comment:

Kiera said...

that cake looks amazing! and you totally didn't go overboard. she only turns 1 once, right?!