Monday, February 4, 2013

A Little Fairy Turned One!

Dear Ayla, 

Today Feb. 4th 2013 you are one years old.  What a wonderful year it has been! Being your mom is the most rewarding privilege I have ever and could ever imagine having!  I am so lucky!!  My heart is swollen with love for you. 

 You are such a sweet baby girl, so busy, learning, growing and developing. You are so smart, you are really starting to understand words now.  We will read books and I will ask you where certain animals are and you can point right to them, especially dogs.  You have dogs down really good.  You continue to love Zuri and you two play so nice together.  If you get a little rough and start pulling her hair we just tell you to be soft, and you pat her gently.  It is so cute.  You love to share your food with her, and I am continually asking you not to feed Zuri, but you still do it.  I can't get mad at you though, because I used to feed Zuri my food when she was a puppy, I know how fun it can be.  But don't tell Daddy.  Your newest trick is when Daddy or I say "Oh lay down" and you gently rest your head on the floor and roll onto your back.  It is so adorable.  You are really on the go these days and won't hold still for 5 seconds.  Your crawl is quick, and you are on the constant move.  You have really found your legs and are a pro at pulling your self into a standing position. Doesn't matter where, in your crib, on the couch, in the bathtub, or on the chair, and you have started to cruise along the furniture holding on as it assists you while you walk.  Quite the miss independent you are becoming.  

You are the friendliest girl, and you make friends wherever you go.  Always waving hello to people when we are out and about and charming them with your 4 pearly whites (two on top and two on bottom) when you smile.  The best is when we are at the grocery store and you wave hello to a stranger and like a magnet they come flocking over to talk to you, and soon you have a new best friend. 

Your hair is now just long enough in the back that I can pull it into pointy little ponytail that sticks straight up and clip in a flower or bow.  It is so much fun for me. 

Your eyes are still the bluest most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.  They are the first thing people will comment on when they see you, "Wow, she is gorgeous look at her eyes!" they all say.  

Ayla I want you to know how incredibly special you are!  Your Daddy and I love you so much.  You have changed our world and made it better in every way.  We are so proud of every new thing you learn and do.  We are so grateful YOU chose US!  That makes us feel pretty amazing!  Being your parents is the most edifying gift imaginable!  
    
Happy 1st Birthday Fairy Princess!!

















No comments: