It was a short work week for Chris with the Easter Holiday. He was off, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday! Woot! So fun to have our daddy home! It has also been a cooler week here in Cayman, which I loved! A nice low 70's partly cloudy with a strong breeze. We turned the air conditioning off, opened up the windows and doors and let the breeze blow through the house almost everyday. I loved it!
After our daily morning walks it was still nice and cool out, so we would sit on a blanket in the grass as I blew bubbles for Ayla to anxiously try to pop. Each time acting surprised like she wasn't sure what happened. We would pick blades of grass together and take turns tickling each others noses. I would pick her little yellow flowers to put in her ear, and of course we would play with Zuri too.
We have kept busy running errands to prepare for the branch Easter Party. Ayla is my little helper.
Grandma Chelle was on Spring Break this week so we had a scheduled skype session with her everyday while Ayla ate lunch.
Chris bought a gym membership and has started working out. He has been really good to stick to it, and worked out 5 days last week.
Thursday Night Chris won two free dinners on the radio to Ortanique's Full Moon Pig Feast. They hosted the event on the sandy little island at the back of Camana bay. It was really fun. We sipped on virgin mojitos and fruit punch, as we danced to the DJ, and relaxed in the hammocks. It was last minute so we didn't really have time to try and get babysitter for Ayla. Plus if you know us, we are really weird about leaving Ayla in the care of anyone, but ourselves, so we brought her along with us. She did great and was quite the entertainer, bobbing around to the music and crawling all over the place. Everyone adored her.
But I couldn't help but think it would have been a great night out for Chris and I to have had together just us two.
They served some fancy orderves, like swordfish and plantains on a little piece of bruschetta, these fried ham and cheese rolls (not sure exactly what they were), and ceviche . I tried to eat the ceviche, and I liked the taste, it was really good, but I can't handle the texture, once I started chewing I kept telling myself this is really good but I kept gagging and there was no way I would have been able to swallow it. We didn't have a napkin or anything so I spit it out in Chris's empty drink. Haha. He thought I was such a wuss, but he wouldn't even try it, since he is "allergic" to fish.
Once the pig was ready everyone sat down family style at a long table. We had a great salad, fried plantains, rice and beans (which Ayla loved) some fabulous fish, and of course the main event, the PIG. All in all it was a really great night! We didn't get home till after 9pm. That makes us sound so old. 9pm is late! Ayla was so tuckered out. She fell fast asleep in her carseat without a sound and no bottle. She didn't even wake up when we brought in the house took her out of her carseat and layed her in her crib. She slept the whole night. She is such a good baby!
Friday, Chris was off work. He graciously woke up with Ayla and let me sleep in till 9am! What a stud?! Right?! Then we got ready for the day and went to lunch at new place up in west bay "The Greenhouse Cafe." Grand Cayman has this new dailydeal website where they feature different business offering great discounts! We are all over it and love when there are deals for restaurants we know and love and new ones to try. So when a deal for "The Greenhouse Cafe" popped up Chris nabbed two. This is totally my kind of place. Small, quaint, whole in the wall (or ocean in this case) all organic with delicious "healthy" eats, outdoor sitting, and a beautiful ocean view. I loved it! Chris was pretty skeptical when his food came out, but he actually really liked it. And he is trying to be healthier so it was a good pick. We got two gift certificates so we are excited to go back soon!
Saturday was the Branch Easter Party and that deserves a post of its own.
Easter Sunday!
It has been a really great day. I had early morning branch council so Chris got Ayla ready for church. It was a great meeting. All of church was really good also Each member of the branch presidency spoke in sacrament. They each did a great job, we are blessed to have wonderful priesthood holders that preside over this little branch we are apart of. Relief Society and Priesthood were combined and we watched an amazing talk given by Elder Bednar at the CES Devotional on March 3rd. Truly Amazing! We had held the broadcast at the church on March 3rd to watch it but the satellite went out and everyone just went home. So many, including us, didn't ever end up watching it. And we really would have missed out had we not been able to watch it today.
You can watch it too by clicking on the link below:
After church we had Chris's interns Stephen and Danielle Christiansen and the missionaries over for a traditional Easter Feast including: spiraled and glazed ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet corn, rolls, and cherry pie with whip cream all washed down by frozen virgin pina coladas and strawberry daiquiri's.
It has been a really great day!
It has been exactly one year since Ayla was blessed. I love that she was blessed on Easter Sunday, makes the holiday even that much more special than it already is.
I am so grateful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Grateful for the atonement.
That my savior willing bleed from every poor to take all of the sins of the world upon him.
That the Lord sacrificed his son for me, for all of us.
As a parent I can only begin to imagine how difficult that would be.
It is painful even to watch Ayla fall and get hurt.
To know that I can be forgiven of ALL my sins, great or small.
For the gift of repentance.
As a very imperfect person, who sins everyday, this gift does not pass by wasted.
For my life.
A rather simple life, but oh so great!
I would not trade it for any other.
No comments:
Post a Comment