Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Party!

I was in charge of spearheading the Branch Easter Party this year.  Lots of people helped and it really came together wonderfully.  

Of course everyone was on island time and slow to arrive so we had the kids decorate there Easter bags (brown paper bags decorated with pretty paper, stickers, markers, and crayons) while the adults got all the food prepped.  
This kids loved it!
I wish I was able to get more pictures of kids with there bags they did such a great job!  
Below is the bag I had decorated for Ayla prior to the activity, since I knew I wouldn't have time to decorate it AT the activity.  I put it up to show as an example. 
Finally when most the people had arrived and the food was ready we gathered together to watch a short spiritual message about our Savior. 
Then the missionaries hosted a Jeopardy game while people waited to get there food.  It was a great idea to have activity going while people were getting food to avoid everyone waiting in a long line and it kept the kids entertained.  This was a special jeopardy game pertaining to the life of the Savior.  I was surprised by how much the kids knew!
The Spread!  
We had a ton of different foods: carne asada, tortillas, chips and salsa, rice and beans, jerk chicken and jerk pork, hot dogs, sloppy joes, potato salad, spinach salad, cakes, cookies, ice cream, soda, and a delicious slushy drink.  
 Ayla loved the food also!


 After everyone had finished eating we gathered the kids together for the Eater Egg Hunt. 
They were so excited!
We had the younger kids go first (5years and under) with a couple minutes head start.  Good thing to cause when we unleashed the older kids it was crazy!   




 After the Easter Egg hunt, we had boiled egg dying, a water balloon toss which then turned to water balloon fight, an egg roll contest, 3 legged races, and few more games.  The kids love it!  The adults were able to get the church cleaned and ready to go for Sunday while the kids played outside.  
It worked out really nicely that way. 

There were 6 investigators there and the missionaries were introduced to several non members, plus lots of members came, so it really was a great turn out. 

No comments: