Dear Sister!
Aren't you lucky?! Two emails from me in one week! Personal record right here. Well today is my due date and I wanted to write again before the baby comes tomorrow and update on my feelings and emotions.
We have decided to go through with the c section tomorrow. I feel much better and at peace with the decision. I talked, cried, and prayed and finally after two days the peace came. After making the decision I prayed to know that going through with the c section was the right course of action. Almost immediately an ever so slight tingling sensation washed over me and I knew everything was going to be fine and that this is the right decision. I haven't ever really experienced a feeling like that before and I know if I hadn't been really focusing I would have completely missed it. Since then I have felt like this huge weight has been lifted off. I can finally stop stressing about how and when he is going to arrive and just be excited that he is coming tomorrow!
There really ins't too much to do since we have been ready and waiting for a while now. Chris's mom Lisa will fly in late tonight. We are so grateful she will be here to take care of Ayla while we are in the hospital. I know she will spoil her and make her feel loved so she will not worry or feel left out. We need to be at the hospital at 5 am and the surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am. Depending on how things go with the little Mr. and I we should be able to come home Thursday evening or sometime on Friday. Mom will fly in Friday afternoon and stay for a few weeks while I recover.
We are so grateful for all the love and support from our family.
Get ready for lots of pictures in the coming weeks.
On Saturday night Chris and I went to a Halloween Murder Mystery Party. There were about 14 couples, we were each given a character with special talents, abilities and goals. It was really fun. Some people really got into there character which made the game a lot more fun. Several of the costumes were quite exceptional. People really got into it. Most were homemade and very creative. Chris and I were in the middle to low end of the spectrum on costumes. But I was going to have a baby in 3 days so... I think that is pretty good excuse for my lack of creativity this year.
I was Rose, the ships girl and pirate in training on the "Scurvy Nave." My Character: I was really a boy (son of the Murdered Captain Flint) disguised as a girl (the Scurvy Nave was an all Girl Pirate ship). I was trying to avenge my fathers death and find his buried treasure without revealing my true identity.
Chris was the Reverend Ian Plumpton, a traveling missionary trying to convert people to seek God along his way. ( He was really a convict in disguise, trying to team up with the pirates to take him off the island and collect as much gold and jewels in the process.)
These are friends and some of the amazing costumes!
Our whole Group at the end of the night!
I did my makeup a little more dramatic than usual for the party and it tuned out awesome! So I had to take a selfie cause I am totally self indulgent like that and what to remember how amazing my face looked since the rest of me was gigantic and pregnant.
So in this picture the thing that sticks out to me the most is that my eyebrows are totally crooked. Haha, do you see it? Proof that we are our own worst critic.








No comments:
Post a Comment