Finally a year later and the kids room is pretty much complete. I had the hardest time decorating Ayla's room because I knew we wanted to have a baby soon and that they would share a room. So I put up Gold polka dots painted the blue dressers and added the Ayla Owl vinyl and called it good. It stayed like that till now. Once we found out we were having a boy, I kept trying to figure out how to still incorporate the Owl theme and the things I already had but try to gender neutralize it. There is still pink in the room, cause what can I say, I am a girl and love pink, but hopefully there are enough of the other colors that it doesn't feel too girly.
It feels good to have it looking complete and I really love how it turned out.
I hung a collage of photos above the green dresser/changer. These were all photos and frames I had and planned on using in the room but hadn't hung up yet.



We finally set up Ayla's toddler bed and I painted it gold this weekend.
It turned out pretty cute! Someone in the ward gave us this bed for free and I was able to paint it for $10! Whoot! Plus it only took me a few hours to do it. So easy!
Here is their shared closet with a girl side and a boy side.
After we name our little man I want to put up a Owl Vinyl with his name above the crib, plus the new boy bedding and we should be good!
Last week I had Ayla help me make and put up Halloween Decorations! It was really fun! She was really into and likes them a lot more than I thought she would.
We also made Spider cookies. Which are just chocolate chip cookies with spider legs drawn on them.
Then we made BOO bags and delivered our Halloween treats anonymously (ding dong ditch) to a few friends for family night.
It had a little message on the back saying they had been booed and to go out and boo a friend or two as well. Hopefully they do it!






No comments:
Post a Comment