Sunday, November 16, 2014

The lone mama

Dear Sister!!

Happy Happy BIRTHDAY!!  I will have you know, I am staying up way past my bedtime to write to you tonight to make sure you get an email from me on your birthday.  How fun for you that your birthday falls on P day.  I hope you get to do something fun to celebrate!  I am sending you a little package this week, so please include your new address in this weeks email.  I hope you are liking your new area and adjusting to the transfer well.

This week has felt like the longest week ever.  Grandma Chele and Papa Fife left early Tuesday morning.  The Monday before they left they took Ayla to Key Biscayne.  It is a little island off of Miami.  

They played in the park, admired the lighthouse, met some very friendly racoons and enjoyed the beach!
Ayla loved this beach because there are practically no waves and it is really shallow so she can run out for quite a ways.  They had a super fun day.  Sadly it ended with their rental car being broken into and Grandma Chele's purse stolen.  Along with her walet, ID, temple recommend, all her make up, and Ayla's kindle.  This created a bit of stress and anxiety since their flight was scheduled to leave early the next morning and Grandma Chele had no ID to fly home.  They called the police and filed a report and then we had them fax it to Chris's work in Utah and then they emailed it to us so we could print it off.  Luckily it all worked out and they were able to fly home without a problem.   Fortunately there wasn't much cash and none of her cards have been used.  

Since they have left I have been a lone Mama.  Time to figure out this whole mama of two kids thing on my own.  It has been going fine so far, Chris has been home (except for Wednesday) and has been a big help.  I haven't left the house all week and I am starting to go a little stir crazy.  
Reef continues to Eat, Sleep and Poop all day and night.  This kid is just like his sister going through countless poppy diapers a day.  I love having Chris work from home because he really helps a ton.  So far Reef typically goes to sleep around 10-1030 wakes up around midnight again at 3am and again at around 6-6:30 give or take an hour or so each time.  After I feed him at the 6am wake up Chris takes him till about 9:30.  He gets Ayla up and feeds her breakfast and then starts work around 10am.  It has been working out pretty well.  The rest of the day is just a haze of feeding them both, naps for both, diaper changing them both, and lots of negotiating and trying not to lose my mind with Ayla.  She is one defiant and independent little girl!  She challenges me in every sense of the word. She loves to be a helper and is super sweet most of the time.  But trying to get her to do anything she doesn't want to do is a battle.   And a lot of the time I feel like the only reason she doesn't want to do something is solely because I want her to, which is incredibly frustrating.   So I strive to be patient and pick my battles wisely.   But most nights I end up on my knees praying for forgiveness and the strength to strive to do better tomorrow.    

 I love you sister Fife!  
I hope you have a marvelous week and fantastic Birthday!  


No comments: