Friday, March 4, 2011

Chicken Fights for the Crokodahlson Soul

~Friday~
In the morning we woke up and worked out (told you we did good working out this trip).  We made breakfast and got ready to go hang out at the pool.  After a couple hours we all went to the timeshare presentation for our resort where they served us lunch.  I really hate going to these, the sales reps are always so pushy.  But each couple (except for the sexy threesome) got a $250 credit to apply to our room, and they gave us a really great deal to come back next year, so in the end, it was worth it.

We had fun in the pool, first all the girls practiced standing, and doing stunts, on the guys shoulders.  Then the chicken fights began.  In the end it was Chris and I against Jeff in Cami for the final championship Chicken fight.  So intense!


In the end I got her, she thought she brought me down with her but I was still feeling limber from the limbo contest and I held on, resurrected from this backbend to victory! It was so funny, people all around the pool had been watching and they were all cheering for us. 
 We were the pool entertainment that day.

We had our final Friday taco bar as a late lunch/early dinner.  Then we went back up to the room to shower or in some cases take a 2 hour bath, pack, and get ready to leave the next morning.
That night was also the final night for Texas Hold em, the stakes were high since we doubled the entry.
It came down to Haley and I.  I raised the stakes and went all in before even seeing the flop, I was feeling confident in the pair of jacks I held in my hand.  She called me coming all in as well.  This was it, the last hand of the game... we laid down our cards, she only had a 4 and a 9 and they weren't even suited.  I thought I would win for sure.  Then we saw the flop, 8... 6... 4.   Ok it is alright I still have a higher pair then her.  Burn and Turn.  9  NO she has two pair, this isn't happening.  Last card the only way I can win is if it a Jack.  Burn and turn. 10.  Boo!  I loose.

Nice job Haley you lucky SOB! :)

After Poker, our gracious winner, Haley, treated us all to gelato. 

This was a great Internet cafe located in our resort.  The chocolate, mango gelato was my fav.


That was the end of our trip.  We said our goodbyes.  Chris and I woke up early Saturday morning, Jeff and Lisa dropped us off at the airport, and we began our flight home to Key West. 
Until Next Year.

No comments: