Tuesday, March 29, 2011

a weekend apart

This weekend Chris and his Dad took a trip together to go the NCAA basketball tournament. They had a super great fun time.  This was a special trip because Chris's Dad turned 50 this weekend and Chris will turn 30 this summer so both numbers are pretty big milestones, that deserve celebrating.


Chris drove down to Ft. Lauderdale Wednesday night.  He left home around 11:30 pm and got to Ft. Lauderdale around 3am.  He was pretty hungry and McDonald's was surprisingly closed so he went somewhere he knew was open all hours of the day and night... the Hard Rock Casino.  After eating some grub he had some time to kill before he had to be at the airport so he decided to sit down and play a few hands of let it ride.  After getting down about $50 Chris got lucky.  Something about that Kohfeld gene, they get so darn lucky.  He won $1,000! The man has a problem I swear.   I couldn't believe it when he told me.  It makes it kinda hard to be mad at him for gambling when he wins.   He continued to play a few more hands and walked away with $800 more dollars than he had when he walked in. So that just paid for his whole trip and than some.  He flew to New Orleans and him and his dad played a round of golf, then they went to the BYU game, and they stayed and watched the Butler Wisconsin game right after.  They got sick  VIP tickets right in the middle of the court on the 7th row facing the cameras.  I watched a bit of the BYU game (I had to see Jimmer do his thing) and I had Chris wave to me on camera.  It was cool to see him on TV having the time of his life.
  Then Friday morning they flew to San Antonio, played another round of golf and watched the Kansas game and then the Florida state game right after.  Again they got really great seats, 3rd row.  
 He flew home Saturday morning.  He had the trip of a life time.  He has always wanted to go to a NCAA Basket Ball game and when both his teams BYU and KU made it into the sweet 16 and the opportunity presented itself he couldn't say no.  Something to check off the bucket list.  

While he was gone I enjoyed having the TV to myself for once and hanging out with the girls.    A bunch of us went to dinner at this great Vegetarian Cafe.  The food was so good.  It was a fun place and somewhere I have been wanting to go but knew Chris wouldn't like. 
On Saturday I had the day off.  In the morning Zuri and I went for a long walk and I layed out by the pool and read for a couple hours, after that I got ready and rode my bike to town to go to the Ocean Key Festival with my friend Erin and her three little boys.  Her husband was gone on a scout camp so it was fun to play with the boys and hangout with her.  


I have to admit I was less than thrilled at the idea of Chris leaving me home all alone for the weekend.  But it turned out to be kinda fun.  I had a good excuse to have some girl time and a little time for myself.  Plus I wasn't really alone, I had Zuri here to care for and keep me company. However, I am so glad he is home and so grateful that he doesn't have a job which requires him to travel, or that he is in some military affiliate which would require him to travel and leave for some times weeks or even months at a time.  I don't know how those wives do it. 

No comments: