Sunday, September 25, 2011

bowling

Saturday we had a branch bowling and rollerskating activity.  It was a big success, lots of fun and a great turn out.  Church activities here are really important and everyone comes.  It is a great way to open the door for missionary opportunities and many members take advantage by inviting all there non member friends.  The church rented the bowling alley from 6-9pm, there are only four lanes and it is the only bowling alley on the island.  The kids bowled first from 6 to 7 and then the adults bowled from 7 to 9.  There is also a rollerskating rink so while the adults bowled the kids went rollerskating.  It worked out surprisingly well.  We had about 20 kids bowl and then about 50 adults.  There were four teams of six and we did two rounds so all the adults that wanted to bowl could and we rotated watching the babies. 




The kids were the funnest to watch. 

Chris ended up being the champion bowler of the night and bowled a 127.  I came in as a close second bowling a big 30.  Ya, by second I mean second to last.    I swear my stupid ball had a magnet for the gutter.  :(

Honestly, I didn't care that much, I was more concerned with stuffing my face with delicious snacks than my bowling score.   Is it normal to be so preoccupied with food at this stage of pregnancy?


During the second round of bowlers I took my turn taking care of this adorable little pumpkin.  


As far as other happenings in our lives.

1.  Two weeks ago I started a 9 week prenatal yoga workshop.  I love this!  We meet once a week at someone's house and there are 6 of us.  All of us our pregnant between 21 and 27 weeks except for one lady who is only 11 weeks.   Most of us our first timers except one who is having her 3rd.   We usually talk for the first 20-30 mins do an hour of yoga and end up talking for about 20-30 mins afterward.  It is so nice to get together with several other women like myself and talk about the struggles, discomforts, joys, and happenings of pregnancy.  As well as doctors, pediatricians, hospitals, and babies, babies, babies.   It is a very relaxing and much enjoyed evening.   I always leave feeling very positive, uplifted, stretched, and relaxed.

2.   It is Football season.   Officially the season started almost a month ago, so I am a little late in posting about this.  But that pretty much sums up what Chris has been up to.  Unfortunately for him, it doesn't look like he will get the opportunity to attend any games in real life, but luckily almost all the games he cares about watching are broadcast on TV so he still gets to watch them.  And he has friends.  There are several guys that all come over and watch the BYU games with him.   

3.  I have started practicing the piano again.  I took lessons for a short time when I was young but didn't stick to it.  Well now our branch is in desperate need of someone to play in sacrament.  There is a girl who usually plays but she is frequently gone and is in med school so she will be leaving the island in April.  Then we typically have frequent visitors from Utah and usually someone knows how to play so we luck out.  But there was one week when there was no one.  I felt so guilty for having not developed this talent when I was given the opportunity.  I ended up leading the music and the congregation sang a cappella with just a starting note.  So after that, I started figuring out a way I might be able to help contribute.  I now have a small electronic keyboard and a hymn made easy book on loaner from the church and have dedicated at least 20 minutes to practicing every night.  I actually really enjoy this and love the fact that our baby can hear me play and sing hymns to her before we go to sleep each night.  Hopefully, the next time we really need someone to play I will be prepared.


   



No comments: