Sunday, September 18, 2011

What Spot?? Spotts Beach

Saturday we headed over to Spotts Beach.  This is a great beach just a few minutes from our home in Prospect.  We love it cause it is a really nice beach and there is rarely anyone there.  On this specific day we had the entire beach all to ourselves.  


I scored a sweet deal on those two little beach chairs.  We have been looking around for a while, went to a few stores and searched on the second-hand trade site, similar to craiglist or ksl in the states.  Here it is called ecaytrade.  But we didn't really find anything for a price we were willing to pay.  Then I was checking out at Kirks a local grocery store here and there were a couple of little beach chairs at the front of the store. They were perfect, just the kind of chair we were looking for, but they weren't priced, I asked one of the managers, and he didn't know either so he rang it up for me, $8.67.  Sweet, that's sounds like a good price, since we hadn't found anything under $20.  There were three chairs left and I was looking them over and all of them had some dirt marks on them, I asked if I could have a discount since they were a little dirty and they were the only ones left.  I was thinking they would offer me 10% off, which I would have gladly accepted, but the guy was like ya we will give you 2 for 1.  SOLD!!  I got these two cute, bright orange beach chairs for $4.34 each.  I love finding deals like that. They will be very useful since I am well into my 2nd trimester and it is not recommend to lay flat on my back or stomach anymore.


It was a gorgeous day.   It has been excruciatingly hot here, August and September are the hottest most humid months of the year.  It has been in the 90s but with the humidity it feels like 110.  Well this weekend it has cooled down, still hot, but the humidity was down so it only felt like 93.  There was a noticeable difference and we loved the cooler temp.
 






There is a pretty sweet cave here.  See the rocks next to the shoreline in the background of the picture above?  Well that is where the cave is, you have to swim to get to it, so I wasn't able to take any pictures of the cave, but we had fun exploring it.  
Check out the sweet treasures I found.  This wooden branch thing is awesome and I am determined to find something cool to make out of it.  I am thinking I will paint it and hang it on the wall or put it in a cool vase or something,   Be assured that when it is done I will post.  


2 comments:

Taryn said...

I am so jealous that you live in such a beautiful place! And you look darling :) So our camera is a Nikon CoolPix P80. We got it November 2008 and while I do like it is still only point and shoot and next time I really want an SLR camera, but of course they are also more expensive! For a point and shoot I do like ours, but it is pretty big and bulky as well. I am sure now they have even nicer models of the same type of thing. Hope you find one you like!

Erin said...

My kinda gal!! Finding your chairs for so cheap - and even asking for more of a discount! You go girl. ;) And I think you're right on that cool stick you found; it'll look great on the wall somewhere. Nice!