Monday, May 7, 2012

Half a decade

This years Cinco de Mayo (May 5th, 2012) marks the blessed occurrence of our 5 year anniversary.  We have officially been married for half a decade. Wowza!  When stated like that it sure sounds like a really long time. Truth is these past five years have sallied on by in the wink of an eye.  According to the all knowing google.com ones 5 year Anniversary marks the last year in the Newlywed phase of married life.  A phase where for us consisted of going to school, working, traveling, long weekend getaways, moving, exploring, learning, growing, walking around the house naked, late nights, sleeping in, free time, alone time, and lots of togetherness time.
We have enjoyed this stage of marriage immensely and are so grateful for the time we have had to spend together just the two of us.  I love my husband with my whole heart.  I can't imagine life without him.  He means the world to me.  And while we have enjoyed our simple and uncomplicated life together just us two. Our love for each other has grown leaps and bounds with the birth of our sweet daughter.  My love for him grows each time I see him hold her.  She has brought us closer than I ever thought imaginable.  She knits us together. She completes us.  She makes us feel like a real family rather than simply a married couple.   My love for him grows each time I look at her for I see so much of him in her.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband, who is an equally amazing father.  I love you Hubby! Thanks for being so sexy and so you.  Thanks for always being true to who you are.  Someone whom I look up to both literally and figuratively.  But most of all thanks for loving me, and for choosing me to be your wife.

This is the first year we didn't go on a trip in celebration of our anniversary.  Instead we went out to eat at Prime a wonderful Brazilian Steakhouse, baby in tow, then came home put the baby to bed and watched the movie "The Vow," which was the perfect movie to watch for an anniversary.  I highly recommend it.  Followed by reminiscently watching our wedding video.  Which I also recommend doing on ones anniversary.  


I love this studly man right here and can't get enough of his baby blues...
she is also deliciously tempting...
together what heart could resist?

I must say, we got a pretty good looking little family going on right now. Toot Toot! (that there be the sound of a proud Momma tooting her own horn, peeps)

 When we got home Chris fell into a food coma and had to sleep a bit before we watched The Vow together. Isn't the picture a classic, I love that he had to undo his belt (that's romantic) and then there is little Zu cuddling so cute with her toy.  The whole thing is sort of heart crushing adorable.

Thanks for this amazing past half a decade sweetheart and cheers to the next half a decade together to come, may it be as equally amazing if not more so.  

1 comment:

Erin said...

Well written Aubs! I loved it. A couple of my favs: how ginormous your boobies are lookin' these days (lol - thanks to nursing, eh) and Chris asleep on the couch, bc it's a total Nick pose too. The belt just tops it off. Ha! Happy Anniversary!