Thursday, August 9, 2012

Idaho Part 3 and 4

I forewarn this is a very extensively long post and I will not be offended if you do not read all that is written and simply want to gaze at the photos. (smile)

Chris had to leave on July 10th to go back to work in Grand Cayman.  But Ayla and I got to stay for 3 more weeks and the majority of this time was spent with my side of the family.  The first few days we stayed in Layton Utah at my Aunt Shauna's house with my mom and sister.  We were able to get together with my cousin Amy and her two little girls and my cousin Alexis for a cousins lunch at Zuppas.  Yum Yum!!

(top pic Ayla being held by cousin Alexis and loving her phone. bottom pic Ayla playing with cousin Amy)
Also while in Utah we were able to meet for lunch with my good friend Kiera. It was really fun to catch up with her again and introduce her to Ayla. 
Then we said goodbye to my sister, aunt and cousins and started our drive to Idaho.  I was a little bit worried on how this would go because Ayla really dislikes the car seat.   So we left in the evening when she would typically go to bed and drove through the night.  Ayla slept the whole way!  
The following day Great Grandma BB and Grandpa Jerry came over for a surprise visit.  It was so wonderful to see them.  They were so excited to see Ayla, they decided they couldn't wait any longer and just drove over to visit.  We are so glad they did!!  And yes Ayla is in a tutu.  We were just getting ready to get her in the tub when they arrived, so majority of the time she was only in her diaper.  Then we slipped on a tutu and headband to take a few pics.

Uncle Chandler sure does love his little niece.  I was amazed at how good he was with her.  He is going to be a really awesome Daddy one day.  But for now he is a really awesome uncle. 
And of course G Ma Chele loved having Ayla around and spoiled her with snuggles, kisses and toys non stop. 
Turned out that my Aunt Shauna, cousin Amy and her two little girls Maddi (2 yrs old) and Sofie(1 yr old) also came to Idaho for a couple days and they brought my sister with them.  
(top pic Maddi and Ayla, bottom pic Ayla and Aunt Chelacie)

Here is Ayla, Sophie, and Maddi all ready to go swimming. I really love this picture.  Ayla looks like a sumo baby next to Sophie and Maddi who are just tiny petite little girls.  Like we are talking in the 0% for weight and 25% for height.  You compare that to Ayla who is in the 90% for both height and weight and no wonder    Ayla's arm is the same size as Sophie's leg.  Haha.  But I absolutely love my baby girls squishy rolls. 

Great Grandma BB came to watch the girls swim and then we all had some salad and pizza.
After swimming and pizza we went to visit my cousin Jaron and meet his brand new baby girl Evelyn Bird who was only 6 weeks old.
I was quickly reminded of how fast these sweet souls grow up.  Evelyn was making a funny face in this picture but she was so precious and absolutely adorable. 

The following weekend was the Annual Fife Family Reunion and the Wedding of my Cousin Cory Eyre.  Friday night they had a big dinner at the church and all the extended family was invited.  So that was super fun to see so many Aunts, Uncles and Cousins that I hadn't seen in several years.
Then on Saturday we drove to the Twin Falls temple for my cousins wedding ceremony, where we also met up with my Brother Jared!
He was finally able to meet his little niece!  Whoot!


It was super duper wonderful to see one of my absolute favorite cousins, Shannon!!!  Whom, by the way has a totally killer fashion blog that you must check out because she is down right knock your socks off hilarious. www.gbofashion.com 
These four gorgeous gals all be my cousins, and they are all sisters.  There sure are some good gens in the family.  Bow chica wow wow!
Happy Bride and Groom!

Love this photo of Ayla and G Ma Chele!!  I think a professional could have taken it.... if that professional was me, that is. Toot toot!!  
We attended the reception that evening.  And the following Sunday we all gathered together at my Uncle Errol's house for the reunion.
We mingled, ate, and learned about our ancestors.


and then everyone sort of made there way to the grass, for more mingling and naps. 


The great grandkids sang some songs and dedicated them to Great Grandma Fife.
Ayla's Great Grandma Fife is one remarkable woman.  It is hard for me, every time I see her, which I admit is not much, she seems to age significantly.  Her memory is fading.  I think she knew she was supposed to know who we were and that we were family but didn't know us by name. 


Ok that should end Part 3.  
But I already uploaded all these photos last night so unto Part 4. 

The following week.
We went bridge jumping! 

Jumping off the bridge into the Payette River.  Look at us all plugging our noses like a bunch of noobs.  Except Chandler that is, he is still cool, I guess. 

We headed over to the Black Canyon Reservoir for a picnic and swim.

This is where Ayla sat up all by herself for the first time.  She was pretty proud of herself, if you couldn't tell.
Muscles? 
Action shots of my sibs simultaneously doing a front flip off the boating dock.



and landing flat on there backs.  
Hehehe!


Sister got hit in the face with the football.  ouch! 
Ayla worn out and asleep in the stroller. 

My mom hosted a nail party for my sister and I.  We got Jamberry nails. The sticker kind where you apply heat. check it out!
Sister's
Grandma's
Mine

My dad and I went on a horse ride.  
While we were saddling up Ayla got to have a sit on the horse. 
First bareback on Charley.


She seemed to like it all right.

Then she sat saddled on Red.


And then she got on with Grandpa.
And that might have been a little too much. 

My dad and I had a fun ride just a couple miles around the canals by our house.  
And that sums up part 3 and 4 of our trip.  But hold on just a gosh darn minute.... could there be a part 5.  
  I guess you will have to wait and see. 

No comments: