Whoohoo!! Surprise Idaho part 5.
I must say it felt good to be back in my hometown. You know you are in Fruitland Idaho when you go for a walk and only 10 cars pass you by and 8 of the 10 are big trucks with a man in a cowboy hat at the wheel. Or when you make a trip to Walmart and the lady in the parking lot is talking so loud you cant but help overhear her as she complains about what a pain in the rear her children are. Or when you are driving with the windows rolled down and the refreshing smell of mint comes flooding in.... only to be followed by a stink of cows and there feces. Haha. But really there is no place like home.
During the final days in Idaho we had to say goodbye to Aunt Chelecie as she headed back up to Utah to be a dancing queen.
We drove up to Mann Creek Reservoir for a sunset swim. There were deer all over.
And beautiful scenery.
We went to the Oregon Trail.
I haven't been there since I was a wee little school girl.
Whoo, I am so glad I am not a pioneer. Those are some stuff chics for sure. I quite like living the pampered lifestyle, with air conditioning (God bless Air Conditioning! Seriously!) and motor vehicles, and running water, and electricity, and fast food (Yum!). And on, and on, and, on.
Ayla colored her first picture. Amazing.
Standing on the real original Oregon Trail.
My Dad has been really getting into reading and researching about our ancestors. He had many stories to share with us about our heritage. On the drive up to the Oregon Trail I had the opportunity to read several exerts from my Great Grandma's Journal. It was surprisingly very intriguing to read her handwriting and learn about her life before my Dad was born. I have never met any of my great grandparents as they had all past on to the next life before I was born. I was rather fascinated to read about her life from her own words. It motivated me even more to keep up our own personal family history through this blog.
That sums up our trip home. My mom drove Ayla and I back down to Utah Sunday evening, we were able to say a final goodbye to many of the In Laws and my sister and finish some final errands before we flew back to Grand Cayman early Tuesday morning July 31st 2012.
Ayla and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to spend so much quality time with so many people who are dear to our heart.
1 comment:
Family is the best! I'm happy that you guys got to spend so much time visiting. Definitely makes all that traveling to get there and back home worth it. :)
Post a Comment