Snowbird is always a wonderful time. It is such a beautiful place. It was so much fun to be up in the mountains after being away from so much as any type of hill for the past year. Mountains we missed you!
Ayla vegged out on the bed.
Marmot on a morning walk.
We enjoyed daily walks out to the lookout.
A hike up to Cecret lake. Ayla loved being toted around in the baby carrier out in the brisk air.
She fell asleep on the way down, slept all the way till we got her tucked into bed in her pack n play.
(Yep that is right, the whole trip Ayla slept in a pack n play. No more co-sleeping with this little bug.)
This year at snowbird we did some theme days. This day was College sports day. So Ayla sported her BSU onsie from her Grandpa Fife.
Turns out Papa Ko surprised everyone by sporting a BSU jersey aswell. Haha! That's right, forget BYU, Go BSU!!
Some of the grand kids and Chris on another walk to the look out.
I love this photo of Ayla loving on her Great Grandma Mary. Such a tender moment. Ayla enjoyed being cuddled by Great Grandma Mary both before and after swimming time at the pool.
Check out this sweet action shot of Papa Ko throwing Cohen across the pool. And sleeping Ayla tuckered out after swimming.
There was so much smoke from all the fires happening all around.
Happy 4th of July!! Happy Brithday Chris!! And Happy 5 months Ayla.
All celebrated in Snowbird this Year.
(short story here) After taking pictures by these rocks I am fairly certain I may have left my sunglasses there. However, I didn't realize they were missing till the following day. Then as I was trying to recall the last place I remembered having them it was at these rocks right before taking these pictures. I was devasted. I literally looked everywhere, diaper bag, drawers, dressers, suitcases, tables, bathrooms, back down by the rocks, customer service, lost and found. They were nowhere. I was being all bum hurt about it. And that evening decided I should pray that God would help me find them. I felt slightly like a vain Venessa to pray for something so materialistic and worldly as helping me find my sunglasses and told my heavenly father these feelings I was having. And then prayed that if they were not to be found that I would be able to let it go and not worry about it. Well wouldn't you know the next morning I go to get a new diaper for Ayla out of the diaper bag and there were my sunglasses sitting right there on the top in plain sight. I couldn't believe it! At first I thought this was some kind of joke, and someone was teasing me watching as I searched everywhere for my sunglasses and then hoping I would feel like a fool when all of a sudden they appeared out of nowhere in a very logical place. I am 100% sure they were not in that diaper bag the previous day. I know because I searched the entire thing multiple times. I went around quizzing everyone, asking if they had found my sunglasses and put them in my bag, everyone replied no. So I am left to believe that God really does care and anwsers our prayers even when they may be frivilous and inconsequential. An angel must have come down in the night and dropped my sunglasses in my bag for me and for it I will always remember and be grateful. The End.

Dre, Kyra, Chase, Paul, baby Nixon.
Keep growing Dre, you might fit into those shoes one day.
Good looking Daddy on his Birthday!!
Cute picture of Daddy and Ayla showing how much smoke there was, you couldn't even see the mountains.
Riding the Tram up to the top of the mountain.
Views from the top.
Absolutely Breathtaking.
Love this one.
Red and Blue Tram
Chris, Ayla and I decided to walk down to the Chair Lift and ride the chair lift back down the mountain
I was pretty nervous about riding the chair lift with Ayla. But Chris was confident that he could keep her safe.
And he did.
Snowbird was tons fun as it always is. There were many late nights spent playing card games, and eating treats. It was definitely different this year with a baby, but I am so glad we were able to take her and she was able to spend her first year in snowbird during the first year of her life.
And that sums up PART TWO.
1 comment:
Nick's a fanatic about BSU too! Not sure if you ever knew that. For his bday this year, I bought us two front row tickets to the BSU vs. BYU game in Sept. Snowbird looks like such a fun trip every year!! And love the sunglasses story. Lol.
Post a Comment