Monday, February 24, 2014

Presidents Day

Dear Sister Fife!
Since Monday was Presidents Day Chris had the day off. We had a lovely day at the beach.  The water is still quite cool so we just enjoyed laying in the sun and playing in the sand.  Chris dug a big hole and it entertained Ayla for hours. 




 Chris was out of town on business Tuesday through Friday.  We went to the pool with some friends on Tuesday and hung out around the house rest of the week. 
I thought her little top knot was so cute!
I also took Ayla to get her first hair cut this week. 
She struggled to hold still and did not like the hair dresser touching her hair.  But she sat on my lap and watched Little Mermaid while eating a snack and the hair dresser worked quickly and we made it through.  I was a little sad to see her hair chopped as it was finally getting some length in the back, but I finally decided the baby mullet needed to go, especially since most days she won't let me do anything with it and it just looks straggly.  The new cut looks very cute and makes her look so grown up.  
Friday we picked Chris up from the airport and all went out to lunch.  When Ayla woke up from her nap she had a little fever.  It was our turn to watch the kids for the babysitting swap so I just went over to their house and watched the kids while Chris stayed home with Ayla.  Saturday Ayla still had fever and I wasn't feeling very well either so we spent the whole day watching movies and tv.  It was a very lazy day.  Sunday Chris stayed home with Ayla and I went to church and taught my first lesson for the CTR 5 kids.  I only had one kid this week.  But my class is small only three regular kids and sometimes a fourth.  I had forgotten how fun primary is.  I think I will really enjoy it. 
 Bonus when I got home from Church I was pleasantly surprised to see that Chris had cleaned the house!  What I sweet husband, I think he should stay home from church more often. ;) 
I hope you had a great week.  I love reading your letters and hearing how you are doing.  


No comments: