These pictures were all taken from the top of the parking structure at the bank were I work. I have to park all the way at the top 8 floors high. It is located right in the heart of George town literally across the street from the shops Chris manages.
I work on the 3rd floor in the fraud department. My job tittle is a Risk Investigator. Basically, I monitor suspicious activity on all of the Butterfield card holder accounts. I find it interesting to see what people spend there money on. I am surprised by how many people and how often people travel. Mr. Smith is traveling for 6 weeks in Singapore, Thailand and New York, while Mrs. Adams is traveling for 4 weeks in Paris, Venice, and Barcelona, and so many more. Seriously, what do these people do and how do I get involved.
I might feel just a little bit guilty for getting excited every time I detect fraud on someones account. It is unfortunate for the person, having to go through the process of having there card cancelled, waiting for a new one, and disputing the charges. But at the same time I did them a favor for catching it before their bank account had been completely depleted of funds. So I guess it is alright to get excited about it, right. I am amazed at how common fraud is, happening daily in all parts of the world.
My advice:
I might feel just a little bit guilty for getting excited every time I detect fraud on someones account. It is unfortunate for the person, having to go through the process of having there card cancelled, waiting for a new one, and disputing the charges. But at the same time I did them a favor for catching it before their bank account had been completely depleted of funds. So I guess it is alright to get excited about it, right. I am amazed at how common fraud is, happening daily in all parts of the world.
My advice:
Be extremely cautious what you buy online, even the most secure sites are easily compromised.
So make sure you take advantage of online banking and monitor your accounts daily.
1 comment:
Ooooo! I would find that job super interesting too! Somewhat jealous. And I'm jealous of the view. Loves.
Post a Comment