Friday, October 7, 2011

World Domination, Baby Crib, and The Holy Prophet

Last weekend was General Conference.  I must say I was looking forward to this session more than any before... why is that?  Well I think it was for a couple of reasons.
1. Desperately seeking guidance and comfort as I enter into the trialing and glorious world of motherhood. 
2.  The week prior my husband gave a very uplifting talk in sacrament on the importance of GC. 
3.  All week as a couple we made an effort to prepare ourselves to listen to conference and heed the messages we would hear. 

Result- Conference was awesome!  There were so many talks that I loved and felt applied directly to me.  I was able to stay awake and actively listen to to all four sessions entirely, which unfortunately never happens. After each talk Chris and I would briefly ask each other what we learned.  I thought it was interesting how even though we were both listening to the same talk what we remembered and the points that stuck out to us were often times very different. 
   
On Sunday the branch had a big lunch between sessions, and even though we decided to watch conference at home we live really close to the church and still went to take advantage of the amazing food.  Plus I had signed up to bring a cake and some rolls.  It felt like thanksgiving, we had ham and turkey and roast beef,  mashed potatoes and gravy, peas, green beans, cooked carrots, salad, and rolls.  The only thing missing was pumpkin pie.  Is it obvious my mind might be slightly preoccupied with food?

After conference Jordan and Margaret came over and we played a fun game of Risk, which I totally dominated!!   


After Risk the Missionaries came over for dinner.  Margaret and I made BBQ and pineapple chicken with brown rice and salad.  Amazingly delicious. 

Then everyone helped us set up our new crib for baby! 




 Isn't it the cutest crib ever?!   

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like conference was awesome for you guys! It's always the best when you find stuff that directly applies to you. great! And I lOVE the new baby crib. I've already got you a couple things for baby so I'm excited to send them over. Speaking of, I'll need your address. Loves!