Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas

 Christmas felt a little bit anti-climatic for me this year.  The few weeks before we did lots of fun Christmas activities and parties with friends.  But the actual Christmas Eve and Christmas morning was just Chris and I.     Christmas Eve we went out to dinner and saw the movie Mission Impossible.  Christmas morning we went to church.  After we got home I was able to talk to my brother Chandler.  He is serving a mission in Tennessee.  I skyped with my family while he was on speaker phone.  It worked out pretty well and was really great to be able to talk to him.  I am so proud of him and the hard worker he is.  I know he and my entire family is being blessed by his efforts. 
 Christmas night we had some people over for a Christmas dinner.  We made the ham.  This was my first time ever cooking a ham.  It was so delicious!    
After we had dinner and our guests all left we were able to skype with more family and that made me feel a little bit more like I was able to experience Christmas at home. 
Thankful for Skype!

These are some of the mugs I made for Chris's employees for Christmas.  I monogrammed them using the first letter of their name first name, then added hot coco and some goodies inside. 

I thought they turned out pretty cute! 

Even though our Christmas was small with our little family of 2 and a fetus, it was still nice.   I am grateful for the chance to be able to remember the humble birth of the Savior.  We couldn't ask for a better example of humility, the Savior of the world, born in a stable were the barn animals sleep, laid in a trough were the barn animals eat.  It is so easy to get caught up in the world and worldly possessions.  Wanting to have nice cribs, car seats, strollers, cameras, and clothes.  When really all that stuff doesn't really matter, and our precious little baby isn't going to care about any of it.  As long as she is loved, fed, clean, warm and safe she will be happy.  That is all a baby wants.  There is so much we can learn from babies and small children.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to be able to be a mom and to learn from my own children.  

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!


No comments: