Thursday, December 29, 2011

A dramatic difference


                 20 weeks                                                                        36 weeks

Can you believe the difference in these past 16 weeks?  Crazy! I was barely showing the first 20 weeks, but man since then that belly sure has grown.   At least the same shirt still fits, one of the few. We met with the doctor on Wednesday and baby girl is looking great.  She is starting to drop, the doctor said she is head down and 1/5 engaged.  So we are getting closer.  I am starting to feel a lot more pressure down low. Our doctor estimated she weighted about 6 lbs. So she is a good healthy size but not too big.  When the doctor told us how big she was Chris was like, "Man we were hoping for at least 11lbs."  Ha ha.  Our doctor thought that was pretty funny also.  We sure are getting excited!  I have started packing our hospital bags and washing all the baby stuff.  The nursery is almost done and I am working on getting everything organized.

These past 4 weeks have been hard.  The weight of the belly has really started to take its toll.  Chris is wonderful and supportive rubbing my neck, back, legs and feet.  I have had some insomnia and restless leg syndrome which make falling asleep at night more difficult.  I am sort of an emotional basket case and have had several breakdowns.  Chris comments on how I am a real "gem" to be around.  But overall I really can't complain, there are many many women that have much rougher pregnancies than me.  I am looking forward to another long weekend, and then only 9 more days of work left.  I tease Chris that means I won't have to work again for probably the next 10-15 years, but we will see.

No comments: