Sunday, November 11, 2012

9 Months

  My little pumpkin is 9 months old.  We took her to the doctor this week for her 9 month check up and last Hep. B shot.  She did so good.  She fake cried (no real tears) for a second and then she was all better.  When we left she was smiling and squealing up a storm.
 As for new updates, the most exciting thing to me is that Ayla is getting her first teeth.  Her two bottom teeth are coming up at the same time. I have been a little bit obsessed with them.  Poor Girl.    I feel this constant urge to stick my finger in her mouth to feel her teeth and then pull her bottom lip down to admire them and show them to people.  Pretty awful huh?  I think she is pretty curious about them also.  I can see her constantly rubbing her tongue over her teeth to feel the bumpy ridges.  I am not sure if it is the shot at the doctor or the teeth, but my sweet pumpkin has been a little less sweet the last few days.  She won't go down for her afternoon nap and that makes her tired and cranky in the early evening.  So she has gone to bed early the last few nights.  I have tried several times to take her picture this week but the girl would not sit still and it seemed like every time I busted out the camera she just started fussing.   So I haven't been able to get any good pictures. Sad Face.

 not looking at me
 fussing
 red cranky eyes from not sleeping.  but you can sort of get a tiny glimpse of one of her teeth.  do you see it?
 not looking at me
 not looking at me and whining
finally! looking at me and not crying, but not exactly happy about it.
  
Current Stats:
Weight: 22lbs  90%
Height 28in    70%
Head Circumference 18.5in  97%

Our baby has a big head!  We had a little scare where we thought she might have a condition called  Hydrocephalus which is when there is excess water or fluid in the brain causing babies heads to expand.  Scaring right?! The only remedy is brain surgery and boy are we forever grateful we don't have to go through that!  She does have Macrocephaly which basically means our little baby just has an abnormally large head.  Phew.  She gets that from her Dad.


We love you Ayla Ocean and we especially love your big beautiful healthy head!



No comments: