We had a very delicious and modest Thanksgiving this year. It was quaint, simple, and utterly divine. Now that isn't how I would normally describe thanksgiving. Usually Thanksgiving for us, especially when it is spent back home is described as grand, abundant, and noisy. Complete with mounds of food and lots of people which is mostly what I think of when I think of Thanksgiving and how it should be. This year however it was different. It was really nice but different. There were just four of us, Chris and I and our friends Timmeri and Ryan. We all cooked and prepared the food. I made a turkey stuffed with apples, onions and rosemary, mashed potatoes and gravy, a squash and zucchini dish, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Timmeri and Ryan brought rolls, and an apple and yams casserole. Then we enjoyed pumpkin pie and fudge for dessert. One of the nice things about having a small Thanksgiving is it is nice to be able to decorate and make it fancy rather than having so many people and just using paper products to help maintain the clean up. We talked, ate and sipped on Welch's sparkling white grape juice cocktail.
We had it later in the evening so Ayla was already asleep and we were all able to enjoy the nice meal with just the adults.
It was really nice!
This Thanksgiving post would not be complete if I did not take a moment to list a few things I am so Thankful for, as there is so much! Truly, I am very blessed!
1. Beautiful, healthy baby girl. She is my whole world. I never imagined how much joy and happiness such a tiny little soul could fill my heart.
2. My loving and loyal Husband. He is my rock. Seriously, I got SOOoooo LUCKY!
3. This once in a lifetime opportunity to LIVE in such a dreamy, tropical paradise.
4. My new job! I have been blessed with the best job, it allows me to completely work from home, make my own hours and work whenever I want, plus I actually really enjoy it and it is really nice to have a little extra cash flow.
5. My husbands job. I am so thankful my husband has the type of job that allows him to always be home by 5pm and never has him work on Sundays.
Our home always feel more complete when Daddy is here!
6. My calling and the opportunity to be able to serve in the Lords church. It is truly a blessing from which I learn so much!
7. My Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ, for I know to them I owe all my Gratitude for every blessing in my life.
8. To be a Mormon!
9. My testimony. Even during the times in my life where I struggled and wasn't living the in accordance with the gospel and its principals, I never doubted the church was true.
10. My kind, loving and valiant parents who always loved me no matter what and raised me the best way they knew how.
I am so blessed.


No comments:
Post a Comment