I was chatting with Chris's Aunt Julie a while back via g-chat and she was asking me if there were any fruits in season here right now that I really liked. I have discovered a new one recently that is quite unusual so I decided to share.
This is a Rabutan. The name is very fitting since the literal meaning of the word Rambutan is hairy. Click HERE to read more about it. This little fruit doesn't look to appetizing from the outside. I mean who would want to eat a mouthful of hair?
But once you cut it open there is a nice succulent fruit inside. Tastes a little like a giant skinless grape!
Pull that little guy out and enjoy! But watch out for the almond sized seed in the center, that might be hard to swallow.
Rambutan makes an unique and tasty little treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment